Have you ever used illegal drugs

In the seventies I lived in San Jose, Ca. Otherwise known as (at the time) the PCP capital of the U.S. It seems like every week there was a different article in the newspaper of someone flipping out on PCP and doing stuff like killing their families, or assaulting multiple police officers at the same time, or someone getting arrested and snapping their handcuffs. Or the stories of people tearing out their own eye while high on PCP. My friends smoked it all the time, but I refrained.

I dabbled with some marijuana during college - My biggest mistake was ingesting some powerful Mescaline - that crap tripped me into SZ land - what a f- ing trigger!

Yeah were just a small selection of people. Street and pharma drugs play a huge role in developing mental illness.

Same with me, i would never be able to sleep under that, it just makes my mind race, i tollerate alcohole better than that.

never done drugs, only abuswed prozac XD

REALITY IS FOR PEOPLE WHO CANT HANDLE DRUGS
I find it ironic how the fact that I used drugs as a kid means id be on drugs for the rest of my life the worst by far was LSD that is a mind ■■■■ for me never really was the same afterwards.

a lot of people say that they were never the same after LSD…personally I found it intriguing and enjoyable…never had a bad experience with it. But then some who took it once or twice with me were saying years later that they still didn’t feel the same as they had before. . .I always handled very well…I can’t even say that for pot. I don’t know…I found out today that I am apparently the same personality type as Aldous Huxley…I don’t know if that’s true but we both handled our acid that’s for sure.

ah I hated every minute of it I was 16 years old took it cause I thought it would be likesmoking pot was 24 hour knighmare creeps me out just thinking of it.

Yeah, a bad trip is a nightmare. Back when I was using it in the seventies, having a bad trip was looked on as uncool. I had ONE in high school and several when I was 19.

Ahhh that’s not cool…people experiencing a bad trip need all the patience and support they can get…not being judged uncool…that’s not cool. It’s like talking someone out of a psychosis…in fact it nearly is that. I found that most of the time it was simply the setting that was causing a bad trip and going someplace quiet and removed from what seems for all the world in the midst of those trips to be a madhouse of a world out there seemed to do a lot of good.

yeah I think if you take those kinds of drugs you have to be around people you really trust and know are on your side.

I hate the direction this country is heading. Democracy sounds nice on paper but when you realize that most Americans have the IQ of the average cast member of Honey Boo Boo coupled with about as much restraint, it’s easy to see how it will fail.

1 Like

I totally agree. My friends brother also gave us some advice before we took it the first time when we were 16. He told us not to get scared on it. He meant that getting scared is like a snowball rolling downhill in cartoons. The fear just feeds on itself and grows bigger and bigger and the fear could mess you up. I believe it should always be taken in a safe, controlled environment. Of course my strongest advice for ANYONE is not to take it EVER. Especially if you have mental issues. It’s just too powerful and can do lasting harm. I know from experience.

1 Like

that made me lol

■■■■ im still laughing

I’m 18, I haven’t even smoked pot. I don’t drink either.

It would break my brothers heart if I ever got messed up in drugs or alcohol. I still remember my only cigarette in life. My brother took that very hard. I’ve never smoked since then.

I’ve been trying to turn my attitude around and to something more aggressive. I’m not a goodie two shoe, I’m straight edge.

With the swath of addiction and mental illness in my family and my brother’s reaction if I was ever caught with drugs, I just don’t have the guts to try anything.

2 Likes

Kidsister, you shouldn’t feel like a goody two shoes. You’re waaay cool. I think you may outgrow that label but drugs or alcohol is not the way to do it. ANYONE can do drugs. Anyone can pop something in their mouth or take a hit. It is not bravery to do that and it doesn’t take skill. Being a lifeguard is cool. Living on your own is cool. Trying to better your life is cool. Helping a brother is cool. Drugs are a a stupid way to prove your cool.
OK, lets face facts. Many people, maybe even the majority of people, think doing drugs are cool. They do think that, I can’t deny it. I thought that about myself. But I ended up an addict. Just look at the peoples lives who do drugs or drink regularly. They went with the majority and where did it leave them? Wasted time and wasted opportunities.
I made a HUGE mistake which started out innocently enough with ONE hit. I can be an addict and a janitor with 24 years clean with no problem. But I doubt that an addict makes a good nurse or lifeguard. It’s possible but it’s a serious HANDICAP.
But life is serious and as you get older you will see that doing drugs is not intelligent and NOT EVRYBODY DOES THEM. You are not alone. And you’ve got your brother right there giving you the best inspiration with his experience about drugs and why not to do them. Calling an 18 year old goody two shoes is kid stuff. You’re a lifeguard for cryin out loud. You’re someone to look up to as I’m sure most kids do. Don’t wreck it with drinking or drugs.You get to an age and drugs aren’t cool anymore. Education is cool, nursing is cool. My sister is waaayy cool too without a doubt and she doesn’t do drugs. She’s nurse!! Neither of my sisters do drugs and they both have cool friends who don’t do drugs either and good lives. Forget about guts, stay true to your goals. Good luck.

2 Likes

the worst hallucination from inhaling bottles of haze, you know the air freshers ‘haze’ ,it says on the bottle solvent abuse can kill instanly… we used to buy bottles of it and inhale them, i went on a nightmare trip from it when i snapped out of the trip i was lying in nettles stung to death. i stopped solvents from that day…say no to drugs!!

my smoking career started on wood vines, you know wood vines that grow on banks? there vines with little holes running through them, so you could say i started smoking wood first, we used to cut them up and put them in cig boxes, bleeding stone mad we were

Thank you Nick, you always cheer me up. Thank you for the boost of confidence.

It is hard when everyone around seems to have done drugs and I’ve met fewer and fewer people who haven’t. Except on my guard team because you can’t guard and be out of it.

I can go so long and not think about it. But then I run into people who do drugs and their pushing gets to me. Your 100% correct, being a nurse and being a drug user don’t mix.

I’d never jeopardise my health, and my brother would just loose it if he found anything. I have a lot of reason to not get started. I just sometimes lose a bit of my hold on my conviction.

Thank you @77nick77

i remember the day i was offered a bottle of fli/herion from a old friend. i said NO. he is addicted now 15 years imo herion is the worst drug on the market. it destroys families