Have you ever tried street drugs?

@adreamdownstream
What is Kratom? Does your doctor know you’re on it? Why do you still use?

@anon47167357
Is that accurate? Is your doctor right? Do drugs cause schizophrenia?

@Blizzard
Are you on 10 prescriptions now? What are they for?

Rehab and a good support system, I one day realized I was worth more than the homeless crazy drug addict I was turning into. That gave me the drive to want to quit

1 Like

I never smooked even cigrette

2 Likes

@Mountainman
That’s one of the worst stories I’ve heard in my entire life. I’m sorry for their family, and I’m sorry for you. You should tell that family that his/her passing kept you from drugs. Some good came out of it.

2 Likes

@Wave
Totally the grace and mercy of God. He protected me. I was often around it.

1 Like

That’s awesome that you took the hard step of going to rehab and put in the difficult work needed to get clean! Well done! I’m inspired!

Ya well that’s what he says anyway. I tend to agree with him, I mean of course they do. They just duck you up

My family has no history of mental illness. I just did a lot of drugs and got sZ. It wasn’t stress either

I smoked a lot of weed, like all day every day for several years. I also drank pretty heavily. I took LSD maybe 10 times. Other than that, I tried coke and meth a couple times but that was it. Never really got into the hard drugs.

1 Like

I smoked pot pretty regularly on a recreational basis only and pretty consistently from the age of 17 to age 48. I quit when I was confirmed. I am 59 now.

2 Likes

I stole some of my brother’s Ritalin once. Turns out I also have adhd, though, so all it did was get me a good day at school.

4 Likes

I never tried street drugs in my life.

2 Likes

I’m sorry that was your experience.

@LED
That’s hysterical!

1 Like

When did you get clean? How did you get clean? @disciple

1 Like

It was a process. I never got into anything really addictive (except alcohol, I guess). I had a hard time stopping marijuana and drinking, though. When I came to the conclusion that God wanted me to stop doing these things it motivated me to stop but it was still a long road of quitting and occasionally slipping backwards. Through perseverance I gradually weaned myself off of them, though. Lots of prayer and grace, that’s all I can say.

2 Likes

3 are for blood pressure, 1 is for PTSD, 2 are mood stabilizers, 1 is for depression, 2 are for schizophrenia, and one is for anxiety. Most of them are taken more than one time a day. They actually work pretty well. All the years of taking meds however have taken a toll on my body and although I want to remain compliant I always wish I didn’t have to take them.

2 Likes

I use it because it relaxes me. My doctor knew I was on it but I told people that I stopped taking it.

1 Like