Schizophrenia.com

Have you ever felt like a hardened criminal?

The Lexapro is helping me loosen up and I had been so tense that the term “hardened criminal” came to mind.

0 Likes

I’ve got a very bad reputation in my town. Most of it deserved. While I’ve never done anything that got anyone hurt, there were a few pretty scary events. When I think of how others in the community view me, it makes me feel pretty low, like a criminal. I’ve never been arrested and follow the law, but the feeling remains.

0 Likes

I have no idea what a hardened criminal feels like. So I don’t think I’ve ever felt like one.

0 Likes

yeah sure when I am smoking a cigarette and drinking coffee and remembering my crazy past I can relate to hardened criminals and what it’s like to have lived through hell and smoke a bunch of cigarettes and take downers…but they enjoy it and chose to be like that lol

0 Likes

I have a felony theft conviction, but I don’t consider myself a criminal at all. People commit crimes all the time, theft would probably be the most common crime. However I only have one charge on my record, and I don’t really commit crimes, if they knew what everyone did we would probably all be felons.

0 Likes

I’m worn down trying to fight the unjustified harassment because someone has “friends in high places”-yes.
But the truth always comes out in the end, and after 11 years now, the broken ashtray has been shelved until further notice.
I will not go back to before.

0 Likes

Well, if smoking crack and using cocaine is a felony then I’ve committed a thousand felonies. But no, I never considered myself a criminal of any kind even in my past “normal” life before I got sick and I was driving my friends around so they could break into cars and steal their tape decks. Doing stuff like that, is not me.

0 Likes

I think it starts with the twisted humor of getting hurt is funny.

0 Likes

I feel different than regular society - like a hardened criminal - I am a prankster. I think they know I’m not like everyone else.

0 Likes

i’m not a hardened criminal. but i felt like one once at a hospital. I thought i was going to jail and i thought the staff was saying really scary things and giving me weird looks. I’m not sure if it was true or not but at that moment i felt like one.

0 Likes

My schizo friend said theres blue collar white collar and where no collar. Get a disability check. Now I have a job but I can still tell I relate better to blue collar and no collars. In fact I don’t like most white collar people I meet. They often have that trying to one up you or prove how great they are is abrasive to me.

0 Likes