Has anyone ever tried kava?

Sounds interesting for calming anxiety. Just wondered if anyone has used it.

I think it’s still illegal to import into Australia. Not sure your neck of the woods.

1 Like

They sell it on amazon in Canada

1 Like

Banned in Canada as it’s proven to cause liver damage in its users.

1 Like

Weird that it’s on Amazon Canada

Not really. They manage to sell lots of things that are illegal.

1 Like

@shutterbug is right. Lithium orotate is illegal in Canada and I was able to buy it from the US, They didn’t inspect it at the border. Only when I chose DHL as shipping method that they inspected it and called me telling me its illegal and to see a psychiatrist.

1 Like

It’s illegal in lots of Europe as it harms your liver pretty quckly.

2 Likes

Guess I should just leave it

2 Likes

i drink kava regularly. the extracts are ■■■■ but real noble kava root prepared the traditional way is nice. really calming. the health scare claims are mostly bogus and only due to one bunk german study in the 90s which was technically not even kava as real kava is a made with just the root strained and kneaded in water to extract the good stuff not an ethanolic extract made from leaves, stems and peelings which are all bad

1 Like

I used to drink it, before all the studies proving liver damage. It works about as well as benadryl for anxiety, but benadryl is much safer.

1 Like

Not taking it now, only taking Metamucil Fiber as supplement to eat less, prevent diabetes, lower cholesterol and blood pressure and prevent diarrhea. My blood pressure went from 155/110 to 128/80 just by using it as instructed on the bottle. Only supplement that has benefits out of the 30+ supplements I tried.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.