Has anybody been off benzos for over a year?

I have but I’m craving a benzo really badly right now. I don’t know if this is the addiction talking or just if a benzo would help me right now.

3 Likes

I’ve been off of Klonopin for about a year or more now.
You are probably craving a benzo because you need to relieve your anxiety.

2 Likes

Like you, I don’t know why this thinking is coming up at this time.

I suppose that although I no longer have addiction to nicotine wringing me out, I still have a mental obsession with smoking.

J.

1 Like

I took a lorazepam 1 hour ago…I think i will fall asleep with my phone on my hands lol

1 Like

Yes I am. Happy for it. I crave them only very very rarely, when I cant sleep all night. Besides the haldol i do have herbs I take against the anxiety on rare occassions, but I dont want to get addicted to those, so i use them very rarely.

For a long time I thought of benzos if I felt anxious. I think there is a psychological addiction as well, besides the physical one.

1 Like

I agree with @Wave,

You’re probably stressed and know its a sure thing.

Sorry you feel bad, man.

Can you get out and walk a little,

Sometimes exercise makes me feel better.

3 Likes

I just had a quick nap and that seems to have helped a great deal. Thanks @anon54386108

3 Likes

Good that you are feeling better! And without drugs!

1 Like

I’m going ask about Klonopin for anxiety and sleep at my next appointment

1 Like

It’s been several years since I’ve been on a benzo. I don’t crave them, but I think that’s because they stopped working for me, anyway. My current psychiatrist would never prescribe one to me.

1 Like