Hallucination or not?

lately I feel quite often (it happens to me at times) flavors in my mouth as if they were real when I’m not eating and I don’t think about eating, are they suddenly food memories or hallucinations?

2 Likes

I’ve had taste hallucinations where everything tasted like metal and smelled like sulfur I guess you can call it that.

1 Like

no, at best I smelled poop but I remember only once, do you smell those things while eating then? at least I feel even good flavors. once i tasted it metal i think i know what it tastes like.

The most common hallucinations are auditory (hearing) and visual (seeing). But we can also experience tactile (feeling), olfactory (smelling), and gustatory (tasting) hallucinations. :slight_smile: So, what you’re experiencing could be gustatory hallucinations.

A while back, I used to have combined gustatory and olfactory hallucinations. Everything I ate tasted rotten and it all smelled rotten, too. But when Hubby would taste or smell it, he said it was fine.

1 Like

I don’t know but is Hubby a dog?

Oh, no, “Hubby” is short for “husband”. I say “Hubby” when online, when I talk about my husband. :slightly_smiling_face: Kinda like a nickname.

Some forum members give their partner a nickname based on their own username. For example, my username is Blossom, so if I made a nickname for my partner, I might say “Mr. Blossom”. But I prefer just saying “Hubby”.

2 Likes

Some meds can actually cause a metallic taste in the mouth. When I was on invega I had that. I think it’s actually listed in the side effects. Idk if that was the case for you or it was a hallucination

2 Likes

sorry I doubted it was your husband, I don’t speak English and I rely on an online translator

1 Like

Totally hallucinations I was unmedicated lol.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.