Grandiosity

A delusion of grandeur is the fixed, false belief that one possesses superior qualities such as genius, fame, omnipotence, or wealth. It is most often a symptom of schizophrenia, but can also be a symptom found in psychotic or bipolar disorders, as well as dementia (such as Alzheimer’s).

Can anyone relate to this.
I think I might have this it’s not great because then you feel separate from people in a sense.
I think I just developed this because of being alone sometimes so it’s my way to make myself feel a bit better ----‘well at least you are special’.

Most importantly, how do you get over this delusion??

3 Likes

Talk to a therapist :cat::cat::cat:

1 Like

Hang out with normies for an hour… That normally puts me in my place.

8 Likes

:smile:
yeahh
still though.
I guess everyone is special in their own way, I just don’t see it clearly all the time because I can be self-preoccupied

1 Like

I get delusions as a result of feeling so darn powerless. It’s worse in the winter because of the weather.

1 Like

Go outside and test your delusions.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that Chordy that you feel like that. For what it’s worth I like your posts :slight_smile:

Remind yourself of the significant qualities you see in other people.

1 Like

I used to have a daydream that I’d discovered some wonder cure for all diseases and that I became famous. I’d daydream about it all the time for years.

I didn’t actually believe it. Just daydreamed about it.

I’m not sure why I used to do it and I’m not sure why it stopped.

1 Like

Yea I would love to discover something like that as well a cure for some disease. That would be so rewarding feeling

1 Like

Everyone wants glory, but glory is poison.

1 Like

What do you mean by glory?
Like fame or recognition?
Why is it poison

Yes admiration. I believe it ruins a person

1 Like

Yea that word does scare me a bit.
It’s a bit daunting.
Although recognition is nice as long as it’s not overwhelming

1 Like

That’s smart yeppp, I think I should add that more in my meditation

2 Likes

Staying grounded doesn’t have to mean giving up your self-esteem.

I say screw it, I’m awesome. Everybody loves me. Today’s the day! Carpin’ those diems. I may not be famous but I’m a legend in my own mind.

2 Likes

No one knows your own story like you :sunny:
Good to remind myself too of any of my own positive ways as well if I do something positively

I use to think if something didn’t result in recognition it was a waste of time. But now I think beauty conceals itself, does what it does regardless of acknowledgement it’s as though it’s content and I believe contentment is among the greatest achievements

1 Like

This thread is beneath me.

7 Likes

Yes.
It’s a big contradiction because at the same time I feel so disabled as a person in a way, in my communication with people for instance

1 Like