Good jobs for schizophrenics/schizoaffectives?

I know this topic has been discussed before, but since I am kind of getting back into the workplace (trying to!), I was just wondering what jobs were good for people like us. I’ve mostly applied to pizza shops, as that is what I have the most experience with. But I’ve seen some cool jobs posted on Indeed – they are just too far away lol

1 Like

not a rapper, trust me

bizzy bone is SZA but its just not in the cards for most

janitor is cool, how bout working with animals???

3 Likes

I tried the janitor thing last year – it was okay. I was actually thinking about working with flowers/plants. Get outside, be in the midst of peaceful flowers and plants, stuff like that lol. Seems low stress

3 Likes

i dont have much of a greenthumb myself

tried growing cannabis

epic fail

2 Likes

Computer programmer?

1 Like

If I knew anything about computers, that would be an ideal job. Good suggestion, though, as I’m sure programmers are in high demand

1 Like

I know zero about it too

1 Like

Low stress jobs with a stable schedule.
Like in an office, a warehouse, janitorial duty, etc.

The stress of any new work environment could cause a spike in symptoms for a while.
The more stress such a job brings, the lesser the chance of success.

2 Likes

This is why I’m kinda scared to branch out from the pizza shops. Pizza is pretty much all I know, career-wise, but it can be anxiety-provoking at times. I’m in a pickle lol. Warehouse work might be alright

Well, you can try bussing tables, if you can handle that kind of rush
Avoid dishwashing
I used to do restaurant work
After I became a janitor I’ll never go back :slightly_smiling_face:
Do you drive?
Maybe do an Uber or Lyft taxi
Landscape sucks because you got to pull up weeds

1 Like

Yeah been looking into warehouse work myself but hard to get part time

Your a janitor now? Like it?

1 Like

I’ve thought about bussing tables! Actually searched it on Indeed. And I agree on dishwashing – too fast-paced for me. I can drive, and have a car. Have you bussed tables before? It doesn’t seem too bad, but you probably gotta work nights and I can’t do that

I love it.
No angry customers.
No rush to get things done in a hurry.
Flexible hours.
Good pay.
I’m treated with great respect.
I do my work independently, then go home.
My work knows how to treat their employees, I’m more than impressed with them.
I’m the vacuum guy, I just vacuum a few hours a day, no pressure, no one riding my ass.
It’s a great job :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Where? School? Hospital?

I’m going to do a Government office job. They have a diversity and inclusion charter which helps. You do have to do a lot of selection tests to get hired.

2 Likes

I did the janitor thing last year. I started hearing voices, and had to work evenings, so I quit. But it wasn’t bad work. I cleaned a law office, wool warehouse, and two smaller offices. I should have stuck with it

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve bussed tables before, it was awesome, I was pulling in like $1200 per month working full time
However, it truly is a LOT of hard work
I used to drink and take loads of caffeine pills and buzz my way through it
In my opinion, it doesn’t matter how you bus tables, as long as you can do it fast

1 Like

I think peer support worker jobs would be excellent for people who suffer from schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorder especially sza because you understand the psychosis and mood symptoms others have

2 Likes

Nice, it bussing tables doesn’t sound too bad. MAY be a little fast-paced for me, though, but it sounds like you’re a hard worker. I respect that

1 Like