What are some good jobs for schizophrenics?

What are some good jobs for schizophrenics

4 Likes

Seems like there isn`t any
seems like they can improve and manage any of them

Best job is one that combines skill with pleasure or passion. It’s different for everyone.
Plasterer
Copywriter
Translator
Landscaper
IT professional
Insurance broker
Janitor
Graphic artist
Composer
Factory worker

These are a few jobs I know of, which are being performed by people with sz/sza.

4 Likes

I would try to find out what your stressors are and avoid that.

5 Likes

Work stresses me out.
Every work

3 Likes

You could be a musician with your band!

1 Like

I can’t do it regularly.
I only play once every two weeks.
I could be a poet, as i was,
but i have no imagination or inspiration anymore

1 Like

I hope it comes back one day.

1 Like
  • write a book
  • volunteer
  • work from home
  • peer support
3 Likes

You could try data entry…

1 Like

Something mechanical/physical. Providing right amount of stimulation/complexity. Complex human interactions could be stressful.

I work as a librarian in a small, quiet rural library.

8 Likes

@velociraptor You do this, right? How did you start? And how is it going nowadays?

I don’t know. Being a writer would be cool but it’s hard to sell work I think. I write a poem about every day. Maybe I’ll be famous when I’m dead. Wouldn’t that be ironic.

Well what do you/would you like to do?

1 Like

I got a 4% raise in March and a 16.5% raise at the start of December this year. I’m thinking they like me. I just wish we had more staff because I’m spread pretty thin. The problem is that it takes years for someone to reach my level of knowledge and function - help is not coming quickly.

5 Likes

I have been a career counselor, an exercise designer, an assistant manager at Walmart, an aircraft mechanic, an aviation subject matter expert, a revenue officer for the IRS and now I fill vending machines.

5 Likes

Which job did you like most?

I was a waiter and a special ed assistant teacher and substitute teacher for years

6 Likes

I’ve worked mostly in pizza shops my entire working career (pre and post-sz). I can no longer work in that field, it’s just too fast-paced and often involved dealing with customers which I don’t like.

I’ve tried applying to greenhouses/plant nurseries, but haven’t had any luck. I think working with BBQ would be cool (I love to BBQ in my freetime). But again, just about any restaurant atmosphere is too fast-paced.

I realize I didn’t answer your question – just providing some examples of jobs I’ve worked that have failed for me.

2 Likes