Good jobs for schizophrenics/schizoaffectives?

It’s actually an office building, I do the whole first floor, almost, takes about 3 hours to finish

1 Like

Why did janitorial make you hear voices? Was it not low stress?

1 Like

Did you come in before or after the office workers?

It was pretty low stress, I just think it was the environment I was in. All alone in these big buildings, I tried bringing a radio to listen to, but I still thought people were in the office/building with me (they really weren’t, I worked after everyone left). So it was like a combo of hearing things and paranoia

1 Like

I worry about that happening to me too and i have a lot of eggs in the janitorial basket

Well, sometimes the people working in their pods and cubicles stay late, most others leave around the time I get there

1 Like

Did they give you any instructions on what to do before you initially started?

Of course they did.
It’s the same routine every day.
My boss is sooooo cool shes so laid back.

1 Like

How many hours do you woork each week?

Lol, I got my income boiled down to a science.
I make the most I can while keeping my SSDI benefits.
I work 15 hours a week, 3 hours a day 5 days a week.

1 Like

You have my future job

Awesome! I’m happy to help :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Loads of these jobs on indeed where i live

So how much do you actually make each week?

I’ve worked in several department stores. I unloaded trucks at Sears but that was back breaking work. I’ve done stocking. Sometimes it’s easy to get stocking jobs because of the turnover. Women do it, men do it. It’s pretty basic.

Warehouse work is OK if you get the right job. I worked in a warehouse for a line of clothing so there wasn’t a lot of heavy lifting. It wasn’t bad work but I was smoking a lot of crack in my spare time and I wasn’t very responsible at the time. Just walked out at lunchtime one day and never went back. It’s a shame because I was just starting to make friends there at the time.

About 700 monthly

1 Like

Could a schizophrenic do any of these or are they too high risk?

Transcription online is what I’ve been doing. Work from home and you can do projects anytime :slightly_smiling_face:

Uber eats sounds good too. Just drive around and drop off food. I think a evening or night duty security guard would be good too. Probably somewhere quieter. Unarmed ofc :stuck_out_tongue:

You are very lucky to have been able to quit that stuff entirely…
I had a job at a buffet and all my coworkers used drugs, any drug at all
Back then I had only done drinking and smoking
I dipped into harder stuff but then had to literally cut off every friend I ever had at that time in order to stop
‘If a right eye causes you to sin, gauge it out’
I had a friend who did prison time and parole for years, shortly after getting off he started using crack again, all that hard work for nothing…
I guess that is the power of it…

1 Like

Any low stress job will do, maybe even a security guard