Gonna Marie Marie Kondo my home

I watched an Netflix episode of her system of cleaning organizing and just trash anything I will never wear or use. One thing is dump all my stuff depending on the room into a pile and ask if this thing bring me joy or usefulness one by one and trash or giveaway it away.

I just did my bedside table. It was a mess and junkie. Now it’s this! Should have done before after.

6 Likes

The kitchen next. Very gross I know. Been like this everyday.

1 Like

I did this somewhat before the last move. I had large garbage bags full of just spare cables that I had saved and didn’t need. Must have had over third old AC adapters that outlived the devices they came with, too. Pared down my tech bits bout about a third. A good start.

3 Likes

is it blue in there, or just the picture. it could be better for sleeping, I guess.

1 Like

It is blue a blue light. @Daze

1 Like

Decluttering is good for the soul…I used to collect books, cds and movies. Now my books are on kindle: My music is digital and my movies are streamed…

I think it’s a great thing to let go of stuff in this digital world if you can take it…Not for everyone but declutter is good!

3 Likes

@shutterbug @rogueone
My place has been driving me mad. Can’t find things under junk. It’s gotten so bad. But I’m gonna do it one area at a time.

2 Likes

ohh, I have good library in my basement, can’t part with my books I’ve read.
the only time I really part with anything is if it’s damaged.
it’ll be a bi’tch to clean out this place when I’m dead.

2 Likes

@rogueone true. I really only need stuff on my phone and iPad. Gonna scan documents with an app and just keep digital copies.

1 Like

Lol. I think the same @daze. I would feel bad for anyone to go through and clean up. But I am gonna try this out. I might be able to maintain it. Hopefully.

As I say @Daze …It’s not for everyone but if you love tactile books I don’t begrudge you. I grew up on them and moved endless times with boxes of books…it was finally good to let go of that. Simply my new self.

4 Likes

I hate prepping food finding a clean plate is a ■■■■■. Fork and spoon knives too.

1 Like

We got rid of 3/4 of our books before the last move. Found digital versions instead. Much easier on the back.

3 Likes

Yeah. Making that mental flip was invigorating. I moved overseas for a couple of years with a suitcase and a carry on…

I came back and I’ve got rid of most things. Dont’ get me wrong. I still have a lot of toys but other things are so much more basic. I even keep my clothes to a basic two day cycle.

3 Likes

Oh I have a bad clothing situation going on in the closet. It’s just a huge pile on the floor. This will be hard.

2 Likes

Gonna hold myself accountable and clean up this mess. Tomorrow or later today.

1 Like

Mission accomplished.

5 Likes

Good job man looks neat.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.