Going to try huperzine A tomorrow

I’m going to take 200mg in the morning, if I remember to do so!

What should I expect?

5 Likes

It helps my cognition and negative symptoms a bit, good luck with it

2 Likes

Never heard of it. Is it a med or a supplement? Glad to see you’re still fighting for your health. It’ll pay off!

1 Like

It’s a supplement. @Aziz and @Dude1 have had some success with it. So I’m going to give it a go.

I’ll report back on how I get on.

3 Likes

Cool sounds good. I’ve never heard of it but I did a quick Google search. From what I know about herbs it looks like a sedative type of herb. One that would relax the mind. Don’t take my word for it though. Just the first impression I’m getting.

1 Like

i used to have memory problems but not anymore since i am on hup a, i read its as effective as dementia meds

1 Like

Good luck with it @everhopeful!

1 Like

Huperzine A helps my brain compute better.

Sometimes my brain is not computing at all and it helps it get started.

It helps me focus better intellectually rather then just focusing emotionally

It seemed to start helping immediately but it is said to be like medications and the full benefits will be noticed in weeks.

2 Likes

Well, I took 200mcg.

I feel like it had an immediate antidepressant effect and I feel more energetic and sociable.

It might be good as a social PRN. I.e. something to take when I have a social situation.

Edit: it seems to have a slightly negative effect on my cognitive symptoms. I find it more difficult to concentrate.

4 Likes

Where did you order this product from?

Keep us posted :+1::grin:

1 Like

I ordered it from here

https://www.iherb.com/pr/source-naturals-huperzine-a-100-mcg-120-tablets/53116

1 Like

Thx

Every supplement or herbal remedy my pdoc always advises me to stay away from (because I’m on clozapine)
I really need to try something like this
What’s the worst that can happen? If by chance don’t feel right on it, we just stop taking it right?

1 Like

weird its supposed to be a cognitive enhancer, it fixed my memory problems

2 Likes

You still take it?

1 Like

yes i still take it been over 6 months

Interesting
Are you on an AP? Which?

I don’t know why my pdoc says not to take any kind of herbal supplement with my Clozaril

i am on 6mg risperidone

The therapeutic efficacy of Clozapine can be decreased when used in combination with Huperzine A .

I’m feeling a bit too stimulated on it, and it’s annoying me. It has a long half life so I’ll probably feel like this for the rest of the day.

Maybe I’ll try taking just 100mcg tomorrow.

1 Like

Would you still try it?

I’m on 125mg of Clozaril, which is a very low dose
I hope I can get off of it, and change AP to Vraylar successfully…

Hate the fact almost everything could interact with this AP