Going to the homeless shelter

That sucks you might have to go to a homeless shelter. I lived at a homeless shelter twice on skid row in downtown Los Angeles and also slept in two other homeless shelters there. It was stupid of me to go to DTLA both times, very stupid and foolish. I had people pull knives on me. I don’t know what it’s like in your area but I never want to go to a homeless shelter again.

2 Likes

Thanks @anon21849028. I have no idea what they are like here.

2 Likes

Do you live in the US? You could try the Red Cross. If the issue is needing housing due to extreme heat, they can help you find shelter. It’s worth a shot.

2 Likes

I don’t know what the rules are where you live,

But when my landlords had to do some work in the bathrooms of your house,

They were legally obligated to put us up in a hotel.

Odds are good you have some sort of protection there.

4 Likes

In our state the landlords are required to put you up in a hotel as well.

3 Likes

Speak with your landlord.
They are required to offer you temporary living accommodations while your AC is being repaired.
I’m pretty sure that the law is on your side with this.

3 Likes

Thanks @Charles_Foster @anon4362788 @anon55031185

Today she said the AC is working fine, and they are going to try and wait until the fall or winter to repair it. She said she would give us plenty of notice if we have to leave for several days because of the heat.

2 Likes

Thanks @Wave 15

2 Likes

Maybe pitch a tent with supplies in a remote area?

2 Likes

im glad she changed her mind on you leaving

can i ask if you live in usa

i use to be a landlord

what she is doing is illegal

she has to place you somewhere if she needs you to vacate and atleast 2 weeks notice

hope it gets resolved

good luck

also play the lawyer card

say you have one even if you dont

2 Likes

Thanks @yoda123 @Cloudd3ad
Yes I live in Arkansas USA. It’s cooler weather today, and the AC is running good enough now.

2 Likes

One time at an AA meeting this guy said they had stolen his artificial leg when he was in a homeless shelter. That’s pretty low.

2 Likes

Thanks @crimby 15

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.