Going down on clozapine

I had my psychiatry appointment this morning and I’m going down to 225mg of clozapine :slight_smile: I can’t wait to get completely off of it

What would you replace it with?

I’m currently on Abilify 15mg as well as the clozapine. My pdoc and I decided to try to get me off of the clozapine and be on only the Abilify and see how it goes

1 Like

Best of luck with it. I hope it works out.

1 Like

For me Abilify was better for negative symptoms than all antipsychotics I have tried. I think its bcz its a partial dopamine agonist. Still off meds my negative symptoms were better but had positive symptoms.

1 Like

One good thing about clozapine, you sleep really good on it.

1 Like

How do you make this dose?
My clozapine comes in pills of 100mg each.
How you make 25mg?

i hope you manage to get off of the clozapine =)

there is 25mg tablets of my clozapine. it’s leponex and it comes in 25mg tablets too

1 Like

Yes, I take leponex. Really?
I didn’t know. Thank you

1 Like

you are welcome.

I always buy 100mg tablets and 25mg tablets of leponex. I take 150mg in the evening and then in the morning when i get up 25mg and then after lunch also 25mg. So it’s handy having the 25mg tablets

1 Like

Very handy, it would be good as PRN

1 Like

totally… you can maybe ask to have it prescribed for PRN. I only take lorazepam for PRN for when things get really bad… but maybe clozapine would be good too.

1 Like

I can’t wait to go down on my wife.

:blush:

Good luck!
I take clozapine as well.

I was on the same combination albeit different doses.

I was taking 30 mgs Abilify and 325 mgs Clozapine. I could only go down to 262.5 mgs Clozapine as the symptoms resurfaced below that mark.

Now I am off Clozapine though. I take 40 mgs Ziprasidone instead.

1 Like