Getting blown apart but somehow finding peace

I miss my dogs. I am not mad at my ex girlfriend anymore. It was my fault for trusting her when I knew she had a gambling habit. I just don’t get the lies she was telling. I don’t think I’ll ever date a felon again. I have bruises on my chest where she pushed me really hard. She almost knocked me out with a punch to my nose but I somehow kept my feet. well, I guess I miss her deep down because I always pitied her and felt sorry for her. Can’t build a relationship on that. Anyways, since she left owing me the money I was going to live on until the end of the month. I am out of cigarettes and tomorrow I have to stop even though I really don’t want to right now. I am at peace with that. I can support myself easily if I don’t smoke. So my mom is bringing me food I hope within a couple of days. I will survive. haha.

Good to know you’re hanging in there. I hope you can take some useful knowledge from the experiences you’ve had.

1 Like

I’m sorry you had to go through that break up. It’s never easy. But this might be a good new turning point for you again. I hope things get better for you very soon.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that.

Let it go juke. Take this as an opportunity to leave cigarettes. Try setting short goals to get rid of the habit and you’ll find it very helpful.

I am freaking out right now because my mom has all but disappeared in calling me or texting me. I may have to not eat until October 3rd. I have about 4 days of food left. Anybody that prays please pray for me.

Think of this as a spiritual experience.

This is a good time to quit smoking, take advantage of it.

Maybe the experience will make you stronger @jukebox

I too revel in my poverty. I love shopping carefully for bargains. If I was rich I would drink myself to death.

well, it took all day but my mom finally texted and said she’s coming Friday. At least I have my mom still. She is really playing with me though for some reason. I don’t think she is aware she’s doing it.

Sorry you are having to deal with this—You dont need that drama in your life! im sure your mom is not playing-she may be doing something involved and can`t get to you right away.
Is there a food pantry near you?

1 Like

thanks bridgecomet a food pantry won’t be necessary. I asked my art instructor for a loan and now I’m not completely broke anymore. I have enough food until Friday when my mom will come and help. I appreciate your kind words.

1 Like

That’s actually a really good idea. You don’t need to be in a crisis to go to one. It can really help those with low incomes.

1 Like

there isn’t a food pantry in my town. Only churches.

Sorry to hear about your situation man, but I’m glad things are sort of coming together for you. At least you won’t starve. Hang in there you’ll have your next check before you know it.

thanks Bryan, I think I’m going to be just fine. I just panicked when my mom didn’t reply for about 7 hours. I don’t like leaning on her but this time I have no choice. My sister is MIA which I don’t like either. but I guess she just has issues with me because she knows I smoke pot. well, not anymore actually. My connect was through a friend of my ex girlfriend so that’s quashed. I don’t mind. I think I will be better off not smoking anymore. I think that weed and alcohol both affect me badly at least as far as my meds working or not. So now I’m straight edge. weird.

1 Like

I know the feeling. Never thought be straight edge at any point in my life.

1 Like

That’s a great thing @jukebox. I hope it catches on and you can stay clean. Good luck man.

2 Likes

thanks Malvok. I think it’s time. I’ve partied my whole life and I just don’t enjoy any of it anymore. there’s the constant coughing with weed that I really dislike. sometimes it was really hard on me. I don’t want to write it off because there will still be friends that want to come over and smoke but I"m not buying any anymore and that’s a huge, huge change for me. I know I will be better off now. Anyways, it means a lot to me Malvok. @Malvok