Getting a cat! 😀

I have an appointment to go get her on Tuesday. I’m buzzing. Just have to make sure the application gets approved, which it should.

I can’t wait to have some companionship and a little buddy at my apartment.

25 Likes

Congrats! I hope that you enjoy your new companion.

7 Likes

That’s fantastic! I hope you have lots of fun and love with your new “fur baby” :cat2:

6 Likes

Yay!! Make sure you give her tons of lovins and treats. :blush:

4 Likes

That’s so great! Kitty love is wonderful.

4 Likes

That’s wonderful!
I would love to get a cat but my father doesn’t like cats.

Congratulations on your new companion @cathart1c

4 Likes

A cat will make you happy. Congrats

4 Likes

Cats are such good companions. Good luck with your new friend!

4 Likes

I’m gonna pamper her so much.

4 Likes

Yay! You’ll enjoy it as much as she will!

3 Likes

Cats are great pets and easy to take care of

3 Likes

Is your apartment prepared for her? Do you have everything she needs? Litter box, litter, a space for her litter box, toys, scratching post, food dish, water dish, crate for carrying her in case she needs to go to the vet, food, treats. She needs to be microchipped too. On the average, indoor cats live approximately 10 years longer than outdoor cats. If you keep her indoors, I would recommend picking up a cheap laser. Cats love those things and it’s an easy way for you to keep her entertained and give her exercise. They’re $3.00 or $4.00 at the pet store.

5 Likes

Cats can be really social and affectionate, believe it or not. All my cats were like that. I became severely allergic and couldn’t keep them anymore. It’s s real bummer. But I have a perfect little doggy now

4 Likes

Congratulations! You will be happy, I’m sure

3 Likes

Of course! My cat was very affectionate and always wanted to be around me.When I lived alone for six years I sat at the computer most nights and he could go anywhere he wanted in the studio but he alway chose to lay down at my feet to be near me. But also, he was fine alone when I went to work three days a week.

5 Likes

Sounds like the perfect cat, just like mine :slight_smile:

5 Likes

He really was. Except the poor guy had health problems including asthma and a tooth condition in which he is going to lose all his teeth as he grows older. But he was even tempered and one of the mellowest cats I’ve ever known. Now I’m missing him.

6 Likes

I miss my kitties too. Luckily, I have the best doggy in the world to keep me happy :slight_smile:

5 Likes

:slight_smile: That’s good!

2 Likes

Thanks for the tips Nick! She is already spayed, house trained, and microchipped. Also, yes, she will be indoors. I’m going to PetSmart tomorrow to get a load of stuff for her. My apartment has a nice little area that will be all hers.

I’m psyched!!!

7 Likes