Gabapentin?

I have been taking gabapentin for few months now for anxiety as i refuse to get on benzos again but felt i needed something. I feel it has helped with the anxiety a little maybe but one thing it definitely heps with is back pain. Anyone on this medication and is it helping you?

I love gabapentin, but it makes me hypomanic and hypersexual. So I only take it in extreme cases. It definitely removes the anxiety, though. And my husband is a fan of the side effects :wink:

2 Likes

What dose are you on? Even at the highest allotted dose it seems to only work every other day… but hell 50% decent days is better than none… i get the lovely side effect of false sense of wellbeing… i dont know how that works but ill take it…

Oh yeah, you build up a tolerance really quickly. When I was taking it every day it only look me a few months to work up to the maximum dose.

1 Like

I take 600mg twice a day i think thats a fairly low dose not sure though.

1 Like

Same… i call them jack sparrows… they were making me wobbly and funny mouthy… but yea it only took a couple months to go from 100mg x2 up to what im taking now.

2 Likes

ThAts hilarious. I have my little 300s waiting at the pharmacy.

1 Like

Gabapentin is like the Jack of all trades of a medicine. Anxiety, pain, headaches/migraines, shingles rash, seizures, probably a million more things.

2 Likes

I’m only on 300 mg and I’ve been on it so long and so faithfully I have no Idea what stopping it would do.

1 Like

I just recently had to quadruple my dosage just to feel anything, which I still had no luck. I ran out a week ago and I barely had a withdrawal from it. Don’t worry it’s not that bad

Do you guys sleep better on Gabapentin? Ever noticed it?

Yes…sleep time and quality seems to have improved… sometimes i have mundane vivid dreams… the other night i had a driving dream… but the scenery was so flat and void of things i was falling asleep at the wheele…

1 Like

I take 300mg 3x daily and it has made all the difference for both anxiety and mood swings.

Gabapentin used to help me- I like the person that called em Jack Sparrows bc that’s why I liked them so much. Now on the invega I’m on, I feel nothing- maybe the slightest back pain relief at 900mg

I tried it and on the second dose I noticed I could no longer orgasm so I quit it.

That’s nuts. Sorry to hear it.

Makes me very hypomanic too, too the point me and my wife are arguing cause she’s telling me to shut up and quit spitting in her face, cause I get really in your face type manic