Frustrated, weight loss has slowed

I’ve only lost 1 pound in the last 4 days. I guess I need to eat even less and move more. Only exercise I’ve been getting is walking. I guess I need to bump that up to running instead. Any tips guys?

4 Likes

I wouldn’t be too hard on yourself and focus on the long term. Losing 10 pounds in 3 weeks is already impressive.

Walking is great to lose weight. Especially long ones.

2 Likes

And now the hard work begins. The first 5kg are the easiest to lose.

Understand that now it is a long term strategy. Eating habits need to be healthy forever if you want to consistently lose weight and have a long healthy life.

Personally it has taken me 5 months to lose 5kg and the weight keeps plateauing for weeks on end.

2 Likes

High intensity interval training is good for losing weight. Counting calories helps too. You should decide how many calories you need to maintain your current weight and then create a calorie deficit of 500-1000 calories. Also, you may only lose one pound a week. It adds up big time though over the course of months.

2 Likes

Good point!

1 Like

Springrose is absolutely right. That’s exactly how I lost 100 pounds (45kg) in one year. No surgery. No meds.

2 Likes

That’s an amazing accomplishment!

1 Like

I lost 35 pounds that way. Good luck!

2 Likes

Thanks @TheCanuk

1 Like

That’s awesome!

1 Like

Thank you! Losing 100 pounds is outstanding!

2 Likes

Thanks @SpringRose

2 Likes

One more thing, there are calculators online that will help you learn how many calories you need to maintain your current weight.

2 Likes

I’ll look them up, thanks!

1 Like

Yea mines been slow too. Switching up my diet a bit now…I was trying to eat a measured amount of pasta per day but I keep over eating. My plan is to eat a lot of oatmeal which I did last time and it was pretty good. Besides that maybe add some upper body and core exercises so your feet don’t start hurting from walking

1 Like

Eat probiotics and fiber from fruits and vegetables

1 Like

10 lb plateau. Nice tracking

1 Like

Dude I finally started to make some gains the last few days. The main factor I changed was getting control of my diet by eating a lot of oats. I was eating mostly pasta before which was throwing me off.

Finally hit the 200 mark today :slight_smile: and tbh the last few days I didnt even work out. Partially because I was making music but partially because I was demotivated cause of slow weight loss.

Hope things are well

@TheCanuk

1 Like

@TheCanuk

You should try speed walking. Like 5-6 kmh speed. And do it for like a good 30 mins. You will be burning the cals doing that and you will save your knees.

2 Likes

Thanks man! Sameways to you.

1 Like