Forum posters who are in receipt of drug money

@Malvok, don’t you have anything better to do than follow me around the forums and complain about my posts?

You’re not a moderator here. Stop pretending.

1 Like

i think this thread has been hijacked :frowning: lol

1 Like

Don’t you have anything better to do than to bitch about meds? If you don’t need them be happy and preach to a psychiatric survivor group.

Be happy you never tried to kill or hurt your self or even someone else when you did not know what you were doing.

Celebrate you were never tortured by Sz, unable to sleep and amoung the ‘haunted hunted’ like I was. Some here have found what works for them and we try to support each other.

1 Like

I read the forum and comment where I please. No, I’m not a moderator, something for which you should be thankful.

Maybe because of all the relapses I’ve seen happen?

1 Like

Schizophrenics get sick. The pills we take to stay stable and make us well work. When you get a cold, you take some medicine. So why not for being ill with schizophrenia? I don’t like you @gainesms you seem like a trouble maker where there is peace on this forum. @BarbieBF what do you think?

You know what infuriates me. You. The first time I saw you on this board, you were being vulgar towards me when I was in crisis.

It just so happens that I am ANTIPSYCHIATRY and ANTI-MEDICATION, but, I tried everything to be okay, everything except medication. I went through so much, acupuncture, herbs, diet changes, lifestyle changes, tried marijuana once, I almost did Ayhuasca for goodness sakes and medication has been what has helped so stop being so damn negative about this very supportive forum. We all support @darksith and he isn’t on meds…

3 Likes

I’m going to challenge that. @darksith is quite open about the fact that he doesn’t take meds. I don’t hack on him and the other mods aren’t hacking on him. The big thing is that he’s under the care of a doctor and following his/her recommendations (CBT). I’m also betting that if things got bad enough, he’d consider meds in the short term.

That being said, when someone posts that they are cutting and thinking of offing themselves, yeah, I’m going to suggest they get to a doc right away and perhaps have their meds looked at.

I don’t like the meds. Wish I could function without them. The four hours I spent today driving two grade six classes around have riled my symptoms and are proof to the contrary. The evening dose of Geodon is kicking in and I feel better already.

10-96

3 Likes

Has me thinking of MisterLister. Haven’t heard from him since he had to downgrade from the expensive meds he had coverage for to the el-cheapo ones that didn’t do anything for him. He was in really rough shape just before he disaappeared. Anyone bumped into the d00d recently? I worry about him.

10-96

Your cover is blown. Here’s a suggestion for spending that large pile of filthy lucre you’re sitting on:

http://www.amazon.ca/Blue-Microphones-Condenser-Microphone-Multipattern/dp/B004L9KLT6

I’ll PM you my mailing address.

10-96

3 Likes

This whole topic started bird walking a while ago.

1 Like

There is that aspect on here because some people are incredibly ill and need those meds.

there’s also a good focus on cbt therapy so that’s good too.

The site could use a little direction of focus on cultural, social and environmental issues being factors in the illness and learning to how to decipher it.

2 Likes

I actually have that suspicion as well from time to time. It’s virtually impossible to be positive on these psychiatric drugs when there is diabetes (losing your eyes, limbs, expensive treatment), TD, heart attacks, reduced lifespan that loom so near. It boggles my mind.

Forum posting for money.

I have experienced being hired to do kinda the same several years back. I have this small web development company which started in 2005. My company was once hired (by someone from the US) to create dummies and post on his hiphop forum and create discussions. The purpose was to trick visitors to believe that the site has “traffic”. The conversations went on and nobody noticed anything fishy. $200 for 500 posts.

Psychiatry is a multi-billion dollar business. You never know.

Those may be triggers for schizophrenia/serious mental illness in general, but without an underlying susceptibility to affect then people avoid illness.
I think if you have a great enough susceptibility then those issues don’t have to be present, or only need to be present to a small degree, for you to be plunged into serious mental illness.
For a lot of people though I agree it is best to reduce a combination of factors occurring that go together to increase the chances of an illness developing. That may be a pathway to stopping the development of some but not all serious mental illness.
Then there is the issue of what to do if schizophrenia/other psychosis/serious mental illness does develop . As things stand, despite their obvious limitations, neuroleptics like antidepressants,antipsychotics and mood stabilisers are the best tools in the box for symptoms. However the effect of an illness goes beyond mere clinical presentation of symptoms to that of economic and social consequences, that need to be be taken on board and packaged as part of a holistic approach to care and treatment.
Unfortunately the economic and social effects can still be present long after acute,especially positive symptoms have lessened. Witness the economic and social status of many with chronic serious mental illness.

3 Likes

Since most APs are generic now, the only one I see preached about a lot that still has an active patent is Abilify. Which is understanding because it goes about its business in a better way than the other APs. So if posters were getting paid by the drug companies, they’d probably be preaching Ability (or is Geodon in generic yet?).

My 2¢ in the pro-med/anti-med war is that I have learned it is pointless even bringing it up. People push meds because it has worked for them and they want to spread their success to others; It’s human nature. It’s the same as when ppl push their religion on to others. On the other hand, people don’t like being told what to do.

If you were to post a topic about “Meds suck” etc, you will simply get people’s opinions (as you seem to have received with this thread). Most disagree, some agree.

What pisses me off is when topics get closed because we discuss stuff they don’t want us to discuss. Usually because the topic and related posts deviate from their ideal “recovery” topics. ■■■■■■■ Nazis.

[ Mod note: “Cutesie” attempts at swearing get whacked when we find them. Nice try, though. ~ Pixel ]

I wish I could get payed for using APs. I’m so sick and tired of taking meds but I have to or I would not be able to take care of my kids or work. I have 7 different meds each day. Vitamines not counted.

1 Like

I would just like to re-iterate that while I am not getting paid a single plug nickel to post here, I am totally open to the idea.

Totally open.

Further to this, I’m a published author with good references and a demonstrated understanding of social media. No reasonable offer refused! PM me for payment details. :smiley:

10-96

2 Likes

I’m open to being paid as well. I charge by level of sarcasm and hostility.

1 Like

Hey buddy, find your own corner. I was on this one first!

:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

10-96

I think Big Pharma has enough cash to spread around for the both of us. :smile:

2 Likes