For those that went off meds

How long did it take to relapse? I’m reading a month is typical but I’ve been off of them a month and so far mostly good besides anxiety.

It happened within a week for me. I did manage to stay out of the hospital for almost 2 years but I did lose my job and drop out of school 2 times and ruined a bunch of relationships and lost all my money and embarrassed myself

2 Likes

I made it about four months going really good, then crashed and burned and ended up in the hospital.

1 Like

I’ve spent a lot of time off meds. I will typically spend the spring and summer months off meds and crash when autumn hits. Autumn triggers my low mood and ptsd which triggers my psychosis.

1 Like

First time I did it, I dropped it cold turkey and ended up in the hospital after about 3 months.

The second time I did it everything was planned and written out before hand and I tapered off.

It’s been about half a year I’m off meds now, sure I experience bouts of mania, but my sex drive is back and I’m slowly losing weight.

There are both advantages and disadvantages to being on and off meds.

3 Likes

I made it four days. Good luck.

1 Like

A month or two before I started having “epiphanies” which were in fact psychosis

2 Likes

It depends
What’s the half life?
What was your original diagnosis
And do you find that to be true?
People have ■■■■■■ up medical sheets and get misdiagnosed all the time

2 Likes

I was on abilify. I’m not sure of the half life. Diagnosis is schizoaffective. I have no idea if it’s true. My psychiatrist is very confident but I periodically question it and I’m questioning it now

I can’t even get through a day without my meds I go bonkers and loopy…

1 Like

About a month for me, then I get worse fast

1 Like

A few weeks at most for me.

1 Like

Is questioning your diagnosis a sign I’m losing it? Idk I’m really anxious

2 Likes

I get really obsessive before my psychotic episodes and I’ve been having a lot of health anxiety and questioning my diagnosis a lot

I’m at a year in March, but we’re waiting for the new FDA approved drug to give info to our doc’s company. They haven’t heard of it at all, so gotta wait. But once my pdoc is able she’s gonna write it and fight my insurance to pay for it. I’ve failed or have reactions to everything else, so gonna give it a go. If it doesn’t work, just hope I keep up how I’ve been.

I have done this about a dozen times and it always leads to the same thing. Hospital.

It makes me angry having to take medication for this, but really I have little choice in the matter now I have tried a lot of times to come off.

It took half a year until I relapsed. It was also bound with the situation that there was here in the house. Some drank heavily and yelled and screamed every evening. Thankfully this person left the job. Because my fathers workers live here in the house when they’re not in vacation.

I don’t dare to quit meds.

1 Like

going off meds is crazy… im not well within days

1 Like

If I go off meds I get ill within a week or two

2 Likes