For all those who get injections

Where I go my insurance gets billed for the cost of my medication and my drs. Visit. So I have a copay for both of those. But they never bill my insurance for a visit with the nurse when she gives me the injection. I was just curious if they bill your insurance for a visit with the nurse for your injection. I was thinking about changing places where I go for my services. Just wondering if I start to get a bill for seeing the nurse elsewhere. Thanks your answer is appreciated if you can help.

1 Like

If you are taking a poll, I think my insurance gets billed for my injection. I think it says deep intramuscular injection on the paper they mail me

1 Like

Well I dont know how to set up a poll

1 Like

What do you want it to say? I think I can do it from my phone

I have to pay a $20 copay for every nurse visit that I get an antibiotic injection. It’s not a psych med, but I do pay for receiving an injection.

1 Like

That’s okay but thanks

1 Like

No problem, good luck with changing nurses

1 Like

I get my sister to give me an injection of Prolixin every two weeks. Sometimes I give it to myself.

1 Like

I used to get the prolixin injection. I’m thinking about going back on it. I was on it 3 years ago. Dunno if my pdoc will prescribe it though, I just thought about going on it recently. How long have you been on it?

Too many years to count. Maybe 7

1 Like

I ’ m not sure. I haven’t seen the readout in a long time.

1 Like

That’s good it has worked for you that long! It seems like theres a period of time when I first get injections for the first time that I have severe symptoms, then once I stay on it, theyre not so bad. I would love to be on a med that long. My experience with meds is like connect 4, going back in forth from the blue chip to red, then getting 4 in a row, then all the chips dropping, starting the game all over again

1 Like

I have been on it for 6 years and I think it is working. My biggest problem is the anxiety attacks. I guess I just have to learn to live with them. Ive tried Mirtizipane and Buspirone but I still have about 1 or 2 every week.

1 Like

I get my AP injection by a VA nurse (RN), who comes to my apartment every two weeks to give me my injection. The injection works only so, so. I still have to take two other oral AP’s in addition to the shot.

1 Like

I take prolixin 1.25 CC’s but I also take another ap called Latuda 80 mg.

1 Like

I wanted to go back on it and off the invega injection, but turns out everyone of my family I talk to I am better off on invega injection and prolixin pills so that’s what I take

I’m the same way with panic attacks