Food pantry SCORE!

We went to the food pantry and omg! They gave us 6 boxes of popsicles with 6 packages of 6. Then another box of 50 freeze pops, the kind in plastic sleeves. A box of lunchables, and like 6 boxes of cereal. 8 or 9 bags of Brussels sprouts. My freezer is packed! A lot of pantry stuff, too. Was a great day for going.

19 Likes

Awesome @anon4362788!

5 Likes

Is that similar to what we in the UK call a foodbank? I’ve donated items to a foodbank but never used one myself.

1 Like

I used to take my mom to the food pantry. She always got good stuff there also. Now she is in a nursing home and I now miss our monthly trip to stock her up with food. She would get so excited when we went.

1 Like

omg you get lots of stuff. Whenever I need to go (only allowed 3 visits per year) we get like a box of macaroni and cheese, a couple cans of soup, a couple cans of veggies, maybe a couple cans of fruit if your lucky, a sleeve or two of crackers, a pack of hot dogs, a loaf of spooge bread, 8 ounces of cheese, a little jar of peanut butter if they have it and a few other odds and ends. This is the suckiest place to run short at the end of the month. But I’m being ungrateful I guess. I’ll shut my mouth. I would like those otterpops sometimes lol.

2 Likes

@firemonkey Yes, we call them good banks, too.

@Leaf sometimes we get good stuff and sometimes not so much.

1 Like

That’s awesome! There’s a pantry I’ve gone to that’s like that.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.