Schizophrenia.com

Flying in a plane

So I’m gonna be flying in a plane soon and I’m terrified🙃
I haven’t rode in a plane in like 4 years…

Anybody else terrified of flying in a plane?

5 Likes

I’m super scared of flying.

And my father, both grandfathers and uncle are pilots.

I don’t trust it,

Feels unnatural.

3 Likes

Do you mean like a commercial flight? I would be fine with that, but flying in a small plane would make me ■■■■ my pants

3 Likes

It is so unnatural lol

If I think about it too much, it really freaks me out

2 Likes

Yeah, commercial flight!

1 Like

Me too.

But we have to remember it’s safer than driving and the pilots know what they’re doing.

It’s not fun,

Maybe you could tell your pdoc your flying and get some anti anxiety medication for the flight?

2 Likes

It would depend on the length of flight. If it were a few hours, I would find that a lot easier than a 9 or 10 hour flight. That’s just me

Maybe try a sedative and sleep through it LOL

2 Likes

True that… I’ve flown in planes before and did fine. Don’t know why I have this new fear.

I’ve thought about asking… I’ll do that, thanks

2 Likes

It’s only gonna be 2 hours and like 30 minutes long😆

I think I can do it…

Just gotta not think about it too much and just do it

1 Like

I’m glad you’re going to ask for something to help you calm down. I really hope your pdoc is understanding

1 Like

Hopefully crosses fingers if I can get ahold of her soon enough

1 Like

If not, you could try contacting your primary dr. Dramamine also helps calm some people’s nerves

1 Like

I got ahold of her- I’ll have an appointment with her next Tuesday to talk about it🙂

2 Likes

I think you’ll be fine @Human . How we make it out in our mind, is almost always worse than the reality of it

1 Like

I have no problem flying in airplanes but maybe not in a helicopter especially if the door is open like those in the army lol

1 Like

I LOVE flying. I like the views of the landscape from above. It’s like looking at a map in real time haha.

I totally get the fear of flying though. It’s a very strange feeling. Even I get stomach lurches with turbulence.

I hope your flight is smooth and that you’re able to feel comfortable as possible.

3 Likes

They always say it’s more dangerous to be driving in a car than flying in an airplane. Statistically, you’re more likely to die driving to the airport than getting on the plane.

4 Likes

If you smoke I suggest buying some nicotine lozenges for the trip.

2 Likes

Eh, I think I can last 2.5 hours without smoking. I lasted 4.5 hours on the train without smoking.

Thanks for the suggestion though🙂

2 Likes

Yes. I flew to Europe in 2014 and had nightmares before. But everything was fine. It’s exciting to fly, but I know I’d be terrified again.

3 Likes