Flashing Lights (new to forum)

I just have a question to see if other people have been experiencing what I’ve been experiencing. I’ve had Scizophrenia for awhile and I have been experiencing flashes in my eyes telling me what to do and I’ve been listening to it and now i think im losing it. Has anyone else experienced this before?

6 Likes

Welcome @SchizoSage ,

If you find yourself in need of help, just tag a moderator. Type the @ symbol, then our names

@anon4362788 , @Moonbeam, @rogueone, @Bowens, and @anon55031185

Enjoy your stay with us!

No, not flashing lights specifically, but I thought police sirens, train whistles and the like were reacting to my thoughts and I would sometimes base my decisions off them. I would try to avoid making any decisions based on this.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum! Glad you found us!

I don’t experience flashes like that but it sounds hard to deal with. How long has it been going on? Is it getting worse?

A few tips on things that confuse newbies:

Cake day is the anniversary date of when you joined.

The 1515 or other numbers at the end of peoples posts are because there’s a 15 character minimum to post. So people put 15s after until they get to the minimum characters to post.

To tag someone, put the @ followed by the name.

Thanks for the advice.

1 Like

No flashing lights here, sorry. My hallucinations come in a different flavour.

Welcome to the community.

:blush:

1 Like

It’s been going on for awhile and now I think it’s ordering me to go do crazy stuff and I’m completely listening, but it seems super real and makes a lot of sense.

2 Likes

It sounds like you might need a med adjustment. When do you see your pdoc (psychiatrist) next?

I don’t hear random voices like that, rather when I see the men following me I hear them talking. But anyway, everyone here who is doing well says not to listen to the voices because they are not real and can cause you major problems if you do

2 Likes

Flashing lights? Have you been evaluated by a neurologist? Have you had an EEG?

4 Likes

Good point @Ninjastar . I didn’t think about that. It could be neurological

2 Likes

Yeah that’s what I’m thinking about doing. It’s been going on for awhile and I’ve been going through psychosis pretty much so i thought it was real, but now im stabilizing and im thinking it could be an eye problem

1 Like

Yea the voices suck. It’s hard to deal with them. It makes everything seem super real

1 Like

Hopefully you can get a med adjustment. When is your next appointment?

Not sure. I hardly ever get the voices anymore though

1 Like

Oh ok. So it’s just flashes of light but no voices?

I had this for a while but it was cojoined with words and blink rate.

Also saw a light floating in the air from a distance yesterday evening through my window.

Voices are pretty seldom. I heard a voice last night, but over the past couple weeks I haven’t heard them too much. I was hearing them every night for months and then they just stopped.

1 Like

Are you autistic aswell?

Is it coming from your peripheral vision?