First bout of mania that I can remember

I’m SzA and last weekend the maybe last Wednesday I was somewhat manic. I thought I could do anything and everything. I can’t remember being manic before. Usually I’m depressed. Maybe it was just my blood pressure. I’m back to about normal now. My pdoc just said to wait until next week. A lot of help he was.

1 Like

that sucks… good to hear you back to normal now though.

1 Like

Thanks @lekkerhondje. I guess another bout I just thought of was back when I was 18 and tried to do 18 hours of college in a semester.

1 Like

Wow. 18? That’s a lot of credit hours for one semester…
Mania can feel incredible.

1 Like

Yes, it was too much. That’s why I’m not going to take anymore than two classes. I’m going to start out with one this Fall.

Cool Blue.
Makes sense.

1 Like

I had symptoms similar to mania while on Abilify like grandiose ideas, overspending and hypersexuality. I have a feeling that Abilify induced mania in me. The FDA warns about Abilify causing these mania-like symptoms. All these problems stopped when I stopped the Abilify and I didnt have these symptoms off meds and on other antipsychotics.

Anyways let your Dr know and ask him if Abilify can cause these. I had to show the FDA warning to my psychiatrist, then he stopped my Abilify.

1 Like

Thanks @Aziz. Something I didn’t know.

1 Like
1 Like

I am not a Dr but it could also be sz symptoms the grandiose ideas.

1 Like

I asked my pdoc about it last week, and he said wait and see how I feel next week. The mania is pretty much gone now.

2 Likes

Yea 18 is tough.

1 Like

I remember feeling like I could do anything back when I was 20ish.

1 Like

Thanks @CoCo. That’s what I mean. I was somewhat manic, and I’m 62 now.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.