Finding Financial resources

What financial resources are there for adults with schizophrenia that want to live independent of their parents and start working part time and need support? If your parents aren’t helping you or it’s a toxic environment what do those people do? How do they get out? Shouldn’t more safety nets be in place to prevent abuse or trauma? Financial despair Leads to suicide. I’ve been in financial despair for the past four years.

This might not be what you want to hear

but maybe you should count your blessings

I’m in so much debt, and every night I go to bed with that hanging over my head.

SSI, SSDI, Food stamps, low income housing, medicaid/medicare.

Along with this you could try a food pantry

In my area, the YMCA offers assistance for getting into your own apartment.
It might be your first month rent and deposit, not sure though.

Wow you guys are super enthusiastic. Sounds pretty miserable and hopeless. Why aren’t there people enthusiastic about being supportive. Tomm I’m donating a cart full of groceries to the local food bank. I did not say I was in poverty or desperate for help. Today I quit psychiatry. Tomorrow I quit using this forum.

I was not referring to myself. I’m saying this so that other people don’t get told to “count their blessings” and have adequate support I’m sick of this system constantly pushing marginalization and labels on people without offering recovery or solutions. what point is long-term recovery if it just wastes potential and there’s no unified effort or even desire to get the homeless out of poverty and sick people well. I am passionate about what I feel. I’m a civil rights activist and a humanist. I no longer promote medicalization and will not be participating in its shortcomings.

Other people it’s a life-saver. But does the difference matter to anyone? The pill could kill you or could save you. The difference between a chronic diagnosis of schizophrenia is life or death and shouldn’t be thrown at people aimlessly with the hopes the next doc. who carries the weight of the patient will be honest.

hmm. That’s an interesting turn-about that I’m not

a part of everyone else you are referring to in this post.

If you need help, except it

I’m not staying, so no worries.

What do you mean by that? I accept help. I just am tired of not being able to think feel or cry.

Find a case worker. They are trained for this sort of occurrence.

Good point. So from the apathetic response I’m assuming two and a half people think I should remain in treatment and the others don’t care if I stay or just give up.

I hate this ■■■■■■■ forum. This is why I asked the ADMIN to delete my ■■■■■■■ account months ago. CANT EVEN DO THAT ■■■■■■■.

Take control of your treatment before you attempt to just give up on it. You call the shots.

1 Like

You may want to look into the National Empowerment Center.

@Gabzgrl

I am trying to take control. I don’t know what to think anymore about anything. I’m really irritable and I don’t know if that’s a symptom of being upset or that I am debating whether to go into the nurse tomm while other people are being denied medicine. I feel stupid. But I can’t delete this stupid thread so go ahead and just devour my thoughts, rip me up into pieces. I can’t take the truth. The reality is I’m just better off alone, completely.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.