Finally... social security hearing

Set for Sept 2. Finally! My original one was set for April 20 2020 but then covid hit. I was beginning to think my case got lost in the shuffle. Funny thing is, earlier yesterday before I got the letter I thought long and hard about how I am doing full time for the past month and I’m incredibly symptomatic. Not entirely works fault but work is adding to it really bad so I’m going to cut back my hours to qualify for disability again. I can do 27 hours and qualify. But I think that’s too much it’s only 3 less than I’m doing now. Hmm idk how many I can and should do.

6 Likes

Good luck with the hearing.

1 Like

i can’t really decided for you how many hours you are able to work. I’d think of maybe doing half of what you do now and see how that works out.

I hope you do find a setup that works for you though…

1 Like

I freaking hate the government. Cant qualify for cash assistance because Im single from the DHHR, cant qualify for SSDI because apparently 40 hours a week at Macys isnt enough physical labor to qualify. And now, I could bus tables. F them. F this stupid country. I cant get out, cant afford a car even if I could work. am completely trapped, no money no resources just a crappy 200 dollar computer thanks for nothing gov.

Good luck with your hearing Im sure you like everyone else will get benefits and people will continue to treat me like trash as if I have a ground to walk on.

2 Likes

You can only make $1310 before taxes so 40 hrs is too much unfortunately. It’s really messed up

2 Likes

Ideally, I’d like to be working 4 hours a day, 3 days a week. That’s probably all I can handle

Hoping everything goes well with the hearing

1 Like

I experienced a severe burnout 5 months ago. I was working 40 hrs a week and my sz symptoms flared up too. Had to quit. Now I’m pretty much recovered and I could probably work 20 hrs without running the risk of stress related problems. I am in doubt if I should keep or change my line of work. The current one is lucrative but more mentally exhausting.

4 Likes

Good to hear!
I wish you luck on your hearing.

1 Like

Good luck with your hearing @Froge.

1 Like

Good luck with your hearing! @Froge

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.