File storage

Looking for an alternative to google drive which has good file storage capacity for a reasonable price , and is easy and not clunky to use .

What about Dropbox? Windows 10 also comes with OneDrive

1 Like

I use drop box.

I also have iCloud storage for my phone where you get 5gb free, but they keep emailing me asking to pay 79p a month for 50gb because I have used it all

1 Like

I’ve got OneDrive but there is no clear way to upload folders to it . I need something that’s clear and straight forward to use with good storage space and reasonably priced . One drive fails on first 2 .

Dropbox is pretty easy to use, you basically open it and drag the files there

1 Like

Dropbox basic at 2gb is too little storage, but £7.99 p/m isn’t exorbitant for an upgrade to 2tb.

I cloud is cheaper it seems but I don’t want to have to upload software to my laptop in order to use it . Also I don’t have an Apple ID ,

I’m kinda old-fashioned and use an external usb drive. I don’t feel comfortable using cloud storage for my personal files for cyber security reasons.

2 Likes

I ;b

Currently I have a flash/thumb drive or whatever you call it . I had one of those large external drives just over a decade ago . I had a load of music on it which I lost when the drive took up permanent residence in crap city . That made me once bitten twice shy.

1 Like

I have two usb drives, a primary and a backup, that I periodically plug in to backup my files.

1 Like

I got a old computer I keep offline to do accounting and private stuff on

2 Likes

Why do you keep using online? Why dont you get an external hard drive or upgrade your set up?

I’ve explained that . My laptop has good storage space , but I want to be able to transfer stuff when I move from this laptop to another . I’m not willing to put stuff on an external hard drive only to lose it because the hard drive malfunctions .

I have Google Drive, Dropbox, and a thumb drive. When my laptop died and I lost a few chapters of my novel, I decided to not leave anything to chance again.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.