Feeling Very Lost

I get that completely. All the same, it’s really nice to have another high-functioning creative here in the community. Suggest you reach out to @anon4362788 as she writes killer fiction and has also blogged professionally (I think!). I’m a landscape photographer and was published as a technical author/trainer in the past. We’ve got some fantastic painters here, too.

2 Likes

Have you posted on the blog from your perspective on this? People might not follow it anymore due to that person’s conduct but you can state your view of events from your perspective and how this has affected you.

You can apologize to any victims for not knowing about how he conducted himself and then move on from there to the best of your ability.

I don’t know, I don’t really blog.

I would say that the life of that blog is over and you need to make a new one and bring as much of the community from your old blog as possible and start fresh.

There’s nothing for it but to bust your hump and try to get joy in your hobby again with a fresh start.

1 Like

I was forced to shut down the old blog after my cohost got arrested and I got spammed with hate comments.

Also, my cohost’s ongoing trial is something that a lot of the more drama-oriented members of our community (which there are quite a number of) are following very closely and posting updates on. People are even calling for my arrest, because they assume I was complicit, and even though I’m not concerned about actual legal problems that still really hurts, both on an emotional level and hurting my reputation.

1 Like

I don’t know if you can really right how you’ve been wronged in this if the original platform is down, maybe there is someone you could message that was close to your blog in connections and explain the situation to them and that you want to set it right that you don’t approve of your former partner’s actions.

1 Like

Is it possible to be interviewed by a fellow blogger, and have the opportunity to set the story straight?

1 Like

The last thing you should do now is to hide. Be open about it, let people know that you are innocent and didn’t know about the sex offender. Trust me!

1 Like

I’ve read everyone’s responses and we’ve all basically said the same thing…explain yourself to your old audience and try to gain their acceptance and/or start a new blog on your own.

If you truly feel you can’t go back to your old blog, and you can’t continue on with a new one, then logically the only other option is to let it go and move on to something else as difficult and sh*tty as an option that may be to you right now. I don’t see any other options.

3 Likes

I agree with the gist of several other posters on here. If you are innocent of any crime then you are innocent. The old saying goes, “And the truth shall set you free.” If you have not been charged with any crime and you have done nothing wrong personally, then throw that guy under the bus and explain to your audience that it was "all him’ and that you were as surprised and shocked as everybody else but the truth its that you did nothing wrong–except choose the wrong collaborator. Appeal to peoples fairness and explain that you had nothing to do with his crimes and that you’re the same person you were before he committed his crimes and got caught. If you come across as sincere, open and honest then the truth should shine through and maybe you’ll get another chance.

You’re just totally being judged with “guilt by association” and it’s not right.

2 Likes

I’ve already tried explaining myself. People think I’m just lying to save my skin. My life is ruined. Think I’m going to jump in front of a subway train.

1 Like

What can I say, people are crazy. Do you think your audience at large feels this way, or is it just a few snipers making comments?

I’m sorry this happened. You will recover eventually. If it were me, I’d leave the blog open and say my side of the store even if I thought they wouldn’t believe me. You have the right to defend yourself.

Welcome to the forum!!!

2 Likes

Definitely not the answer. There may be some resources here that can help:

Just because things are bad now does not mean that they will be bad long-term. Hoping you can reach out for help and hang on.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum @PinkLemonade

It sounds like blogging meant a lot to you, and I imagine that losing that platform has been devastating for you. I know I would feel like a part of my life had ended. But please don’t jump in front of a train.

When I lost something as significant as what you have lost, I grieved for months before I could find a new direction. I felt like my purpose had been stripped away. But my good friend reminded me that it was my passion that drove my purpose, and reminded me that I still had passion. So I was able to use my passion to find a new direction and feel purposeful again.

I hope your passion is still inside of you too.

3 Likes

Suicide is permanent solution to a temporary problem.

I believe in second chances. It’s not always easy but you can start over, even if it is with something else.

Some people hold a grudge but I think most of your current audience will move on with their lives and not give it a second thought after a short while. There are over 7 billion people on the planet, the people that are saying bad sh*t about you represent a tiny tiny portion of them.

You may not see it right now but things can get get better.

1 Like

Hey. I am sorry you are dealing with this. Internet communities can be brutal, with the groupthink and the vigalante justice people feel determined to push. I want to reassdure you that we, here are big believers in forgiveness and second (and third, and fiftieth) chances. We do not cancel people here. You lost one community, but you found another. You will be able to make friends here, and find support. This is kind of a unique part of the internet, partly because most of us have done very regrettable things while in psychosis and we know what it is like to lose everything and have to build up from nothing.

You did not do anything wrong by trusting the wrong person. But you are facing similar consequences. You will build your support system back up. It will probably be made up of different people. That is okay. Support systems change over time. You will not be alone and hated by everyone.

5 Likes

sorry to hear you lost all that work… =(
and welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear your hardship. It would take some strong PR to turn that situation around. Hopefully you will find good support here…

Welcome to the forum, and sorry to hear that this happened. Do you have any trusted friends or mentors you could reach out to about this for advice? Are you aware of anyone who has been in a similar situation? Could you post your side of the story on the blog or elsewhere, or have someone else vouch for you somehow? Just some thoughts. Hope it works out.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.