Feeling paranoid again

Tried to get the bus into town but wasn’t happening. Keep thinking the dwp is parking next to me. Hate this.

2 Likes

Nows a good time to test the power of l-theanine. Give it a go and see how you feel in an hour.

3 Likes

I have good meds, but still sometimes I have paranoid mind processes, I realize this is just one symptom of mine.

2 Likes

It sucks when you feel “they” are watching, sends the mind into overdrive.

2 Likes

Yep, it sucks, I have sometimes paranoid thoughts that people are talking about me, although they are not …I think that my paranoia started in the USA in the early 1990s, and then I started hearing voices, I suppose I was very stressed at the time. Meds help me a lot, but still sometimes paranoia is a problem.

2 Likes

Just took 400mg of l-theanine. Will let you know how I get on. J

1 Like

Exciting!!! I hope it works!

2 Likes

I hope so too.

I have a problem: over the last 8 weeks I have been tapering down my gabapentin. I am now off it. For the last three weeks I have been taking sarcosine and during this time I have been markedly more anxious.

Now I don’t know if this is the gabapentin or the sarcosine. Am going to stop sarcosine for a month and see how I get on. TBH I haven’t had a miraculous response to sarcosine - have stayed in bed all day the last three days.

One thing is for sure and that is the l-theanine helps. Pretty much as good as clonazepam for me (I don’t respond strongly to benzos). In fact have just ordered 250g of theanine powder which works out a lot cheaper than tablets.

2 Likes

L-theanine may also curb your appetite. I wasn’t taking my evening dose recently and got the evening munchies. Maybe l-theanine is partly to credit for my weight loss on a calorie controlled diet.

1 Like

That would be a great side effect! Do you mind if I ask why you are stopping the l-theanine?

I’m back on it again, but at a lower dose. I stopped it for a few days as an experiment but felt I was becoming unstable.

So then I wanted to see how easy it was to come off it. I was afraid I was physically addicted to it and going through withdrawal.

Long story short, I’m now taking 200mg in the morning and evening instead of 2X400mg.

I think there’s a danger in coming off it cold turkey if you’ve been using long term. So beware. Always have some in reserve to taper off it.

1 Like

The bus has triggered my paranoia a lot in the past. I feel for you.

1 Like

How are things now jimbob, did the l-theanine help?

1 Like

Totally helped. Feel relaxed and focused now. J

2 Likes

Yay! Great news!

1 Like