Feeling anxious about tomorrow

So I committed to going to a 4th of July thing at my aunts house. I said I’d make potato salad. There are going to be a lot of people there and probably a lot of drinking. Not only have I not been around a group of people in about 2 years, I am having a med change and feel vulnerable to symptoms ( I get a lot of paranoia/feeling like people are in my thoughts around a lot of people). I want to go but I also am nervous. Any suggestions to survive or should I sit it out? I want to try and participate in life and not continue to isolate in my house. Idk . Any advice will be welcome.

I’m going to a 4th of July party myself and am pretty nervous.

I think it’s best to go and try, then to skip it.

You may surprise yourself.

Maybe practice some small talk in the mirror,

That helps.

2 Likes

That’s a good idea. I struggle relating to people and knowing what to say sometimes so practicing is a good idea. I could practice with my husband. And he will be there to support me and said if I get overwhelmed or agitated we can step away or leave early. I’m going to try

2 Likes

Good luck out there,

I’m sure you’ll do fine.

1 Like

For me its the negative symptoms preventing me from hanging out with friends not nervousness or anxiety but god how i feel good when I force myself to go eventhough they picked me up. I hanged out with 3 friends last week and it felt good. I say force yourself and go as you will regret it if you dont go. Thats what happens to me when I refuse hanging out with friends

1 Like

Do you have a prn you could take to help you relax a little and ease the anxiety. When I have to travel I take Ativan, it’s a must for me.

1 Like

I’m glad you’re going to try. Don’t hesitate to say you need to leave if you can’t handle it

1 Like

I do have clonazepam I can take one of those

1 Like

I would do that then, I think that’s what they’re meant for.

1 Like

yeah, definitely go! I would say forget about it all around family.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.