Favorite child

This is probably terrible to say, but I feel like I love my baby more than my other kids. I know I should love them all the same, and I feel like I do, but at the same time I feel like I love the baby more. If that makes any sense. Maybe it will change as she ages and gets her own personality and can talk back and misbehave. Idk. Any one else with more than one child have similar feelings?

1 Like

I have a niece and nephew, and I love them differently. Sometimes that feels like I love one more than the other, but I think the feeling is just more intense for one or the other at different times.

Your baby is at the stage where she needs you to love her best. She’s helpless, and she needs your devotion to make sure she survives.

3 Likes

Looking at it that way makes me feel a little better about it. Thank you.

1 Like

I have 2 kids. A boy and a girl. 20 and 18. I can honestly say I love them identically and always have.

I think what is important is that you display equal love so that your older children feel equally loved because they deserve it. Perhaps, as was suggested, the baby is more needy and, therefore, you feel a stronger attachment.