Fasting to lose weight

I just watched “What the Health” on Netflix… This will do nothing, if not, provoke that change…

Thank me later :wink:

1 Like

I’m going to look that up right now @Qwerty1

@TheBest I was not the biggest meat eater in the world… however, this has not only disgusted me but intellectually-manoeuvred me, into submission. I will pursue a vegan diet from now

2 Likes

Yeah I’m a vegetarian. Looks good so far. Seems like it’s about diabetes.

1 Like

Eggs are really important for me. I can’t quit those.

1 Like

Fasting as a means of dieting isn’t generally recommended. It can slow down your metabolism, which can cause you to gain more weight. It can also encourage binge eating. Instead, it’s recommended that you eat several smaller meals throughout the day. People on the site recommended www.myfitnesspal.com to me as a means to help me keep track of my calorie intake, and it has really helped to make me aware of what I’m eating. I don’t know if it’s working of not because I just started, but it’s certainly opening my eyes. I like the suggestion about seeing a nutritionist, but if you are unable to do this, please read credible, scholarly articles or websites online to help you on your weight loss journey. I have gained and lost 90 lbs. because of meds. It isn’t easy, but it can be done.

3 Likes

It starts that way… @TheBest I used to love diary until an hour ago… what did I do? :sob:

2 Likes

I think the take away so far from the movie is that you shouldn’t eat processed meats. If you are obese you should lose weight. I’m not concerned about eggs @Qwerty1. They are worth the risk.

@TheBest keep watching :wink:

Skipping one meal could be nice to reduce calories but skipping breakfast is the worst choice.

I repeat that the best and easiest way to lose weight is to reduce your calories intake.
Very simple, cut unnecessary fats and sugars full of calories; if you are still hungry after a healthy meal eat fruits or veggies till you are full.

1 Like

From what I gather, fasting is not a good way to lose weight. You can research it online or ask your doctor(since all psychiatrists are MD’s and their education probably spent a few chapters on dieting.) You can research it but my strong feeling is that you can lose weight by fasting but the chances are good that you will gain the weight back easily and maybe more.

I lost a lot of weight in my board & care last year because they had cooks come in and cook for us every meal and portion size was not large. We had a serving of vegetables at dinner every night, and NEVER did they serve a dessert or sugary food or junk food. They gave us a lot of variety in our meals while still avoiding starchy food or the wrong kind of fat, and avoiding excess carbs.

We had three snacks a day if we wanted them of fruit or nuts or crackers. No one was allowed in the kitchen after meals so “grazing” was non-existent. I lost about 25 or more pounds in the course of a year and a half while enjoying almost every meal they served. I did tend to skip breakfast which is not recommended but that was because I worked and I never left enough time in the morning to eat breakfast. But yeah, it’s is possible to lose weight without depriving yourself of tasty dishes.

Everybody’s physiology is different so you have to find what works for yourself because two people can be on the same exact diet and it will work for one person and maybe not the other. Dieting is made discouraging often because even the experts who study dieting can have opinions that are the polar opposites of what their colleagues consider a good diet in their opinion.

2 Likes

@TheBest what did you think?

1 Like

I didn’t watch the whole thing. I ended up going to sleep about half way through. Eggs have really been helping me though. Plus I’ve been losing weight. I don’t want to change anything.

2 Likes

Omg fasting is like so bad for your body. Do you drive your car without gas in the tank.no puns on hybrids. Talk to your dr. Be totally honest. I’ve been on weight gainers, weight losers etc. I just look at food as fuel and treat myself if I’m upset. One thing I’ve read if you make most of the food yourself, you appreciate it more. Plus it’s isnt ding dong there. It takes preparation which distracts you. When I go out to eat I really check out the menu cuz some stuff is easy and others hard a crap to make.

1 Like

@TheBest No that’s fine… I will be making changes to my diet… I cannot look at milk the same…

1 Like

I try to eat 3 large eggs everyday. They’re a good source of natural protein for me besides drinking a whey protein shake.

2 Likes

I do intermittent fasting. It worked see my post i have shared pictures

2 Likes

That’s what I’m doing - intermittent fasting.
For example, today I skipped breakfast and had a low carb snack for lunch.

@anon19234026 when you said you eat 10 eggs a day, this is what concerned me. Here is one of a few studies which suggests that eating just 1 egg a day is the equivalent to smoking 5 cigarettes…

Man that is way too much!
Dangerous…

1 Like