Family issues

I’m constantly treated like garbage and there’s no escaping it. They have no understanding of what I go through and don’t care in the least… Anyone else have trouble?

1 Like

No I don’t but I know of someone who had cut herself off from her family. I think for her it was for the best because it was nothing but drama. What kind of stuff do you go through?

I understand what you mean. They have no idea what it’s like. They don’t understand that you can see things the way they do but you experience things way different.

I think it is unfortunate but you have to let other people define their part of the relationship. I constantly feel like I can’t connect with people and anytime I want to talk about being ill or feeling down, they either don’t want to talk or just sit quietly until I’m done. So instead of trying to make the people in your life who don’t want to talk discuss it, just realize the limits of the relationship and find people who are open. And when you find that open person, totally give me their number lol. 'Cause I’m not having much luck.

(But it is unfair. People should accept all of someone they care about and not be ‘I’ll just be here for your good moments.’)

I stay away every chance I get, believe me. I was down on my luck, had nowhere else to go, and now I’m stuck with them.

I have to deal with constant emotional/psychological abuse.

1 Like

I’m sorry. My family is also pretty awful, though maybe not as bad as yours. I couldn’t imagine having to love with them, though. I’m sorry. I hope to able to get out of there soon.