Facing consequences at the dentist today

For the most part I have nice teeth. I have a fairly nice straight smile, no visibly missing teeth, maybe not the whitest because I smoke and drink coffee everyday, but the dentist says they are “nice and white”. I have one nicely done gold crown in the back. I have about a thousand white fillings from when I had all my metal fillings redone when I did mercury amalgam removal and chelation years ago.

I went to the dentist a year ago. He was a quack. I could tell he didn’t thoroughly check my teeth and rushed me out with no watches placed when the previous year at a good dentist I had two watches. Well watches don’t magically go away.

Anyway, this year’s dentist found 5 tiny cavities. I will be getting some of those drilled and filled today. For small fillings I usually request no pain shot because I have a very high pain tolerance for mouth pain and can tolerate a pretty deep filling. They actually seem to hurt less than the pain shots.

I’m glad we’re getting this all taken care of early. I’m glad this is the only damage I have from the last couple years of using off and on. It could be worse. Thankfully I’ve been taking the time to care of my teeth despite what I’ve exposed them to.

2 Likes

This is good. I hope you can get to a place where you’re healthy both physically and mentally.

1 Like

When I had a cracked tooth pulled a few years ago I didn’t get a novacaine shot, it came in a gel that the dentist just wiped on.

2 Likes

Thank you doll, I’m trying. I’m doing good mentally right now for the most part, I think. You know I always struggle because of my daughter, but that just will always be. Physically I just keep trying to support my body through these hard times and try to eat better and get more exercise and hydrate.

I’m really rooting for you. I hope you can start to heal and feel better. Are you feeling positive about your med changes?

1 Like

Oh, that sounds wonderful. It probably wears off sooner too. I don’t like the shots. They really do a number on me, lasting forever, my face drooping and drool running out.

That a really good step towards healthy living. I know you’ll struggle because you’re worried about your daughter. And that’s why I’m so happy for you that you’re taking care of yourself. It’s super important.

I’m hopeful about my med changes. But I do need time to adjust to them because right now I’m totally drugged.

1 Like

It is just through the transition, remember that. Try to keep the end game in sight and just hold on. I know it’s difficult to feel overmedicated and med changes are challenging always. Soon, hopefully, you will reap the rewards of your suffering and you’ll be better off.

2 Likes

Thanks @Leaf . I’m hanging in there for now.

1 Like