Extremely depressed today, after first day of school

Sorry to be this negative in one post but i have no one to talk to.
I went to school today for the first time in three years. I’m 19 years old.
I was so paranoid that all my energy was drained by the time I left, I’ve been very depressed since then.
My derealization shot up when I was in the classroom.
I am very sad about everything at the moment, feeling like this illness is holding me back from ever being happy.
I miss my home state and all my hometown friends.
Wondering why I’m even trying at anything. Maybe I should just drop out and be an invalid.
I think I’m going to go to the accomodations office tomorrow to speak with someone about what i can do.

1 Like

:hugging: :pray: sorry nomad.
Your not alone man.

2 Likes

Hang in there, chum…it gets better! :sunny:

My 18 year old niece went to University out of town last year. She was homesick and it was very rocky for a good few weeks.

She loves it there now and can’t wait to go back this Semester. It just took a while to get acclimated. You’re still young. But your best days lie ahead of you. You’ll pull through this. Yer bright, sociable and a treat to be around. Just give it some time.

I’m rooting for you!

5 Likes

You need some time for the new environment.

I agree, give it time. It’s not easy to change environments, and especially start doing something that requires your energy.

When I went back to school last year, the first few days sucked, I couldn’t wait to get home. But it passed, once you start seeing your accomplishments things will be better.

Don’t give up!

2 Likes

Hang in there you’ll grow to get used to it. I think that we need to try and do something that pushes us everyday. I say that but all I do is apply to jobs and am currently reading about infinite series.

Don’t be sorry to share this I think most of us have been there. Mine was work and I literally struggled to have the energy and drive to struggle through the day. Paranoia is not only a symptom but becomes a habit even after the medications take away the symptoms. It’s good to find someone , or post, those things you think your paranoid about, just to hear from someone, " no that’s not happening it’s just in your head". It’s like we need to learn to evaluate those things immediately so we can dismiss them. And learn not to care to much about what everyone is thinking. Keep your conscious clean and do your best. Hang in there things usually get better with time.

1 Like

You finished your first day and you should be proud of the accomplishment. Everything doesn’t need to be a big step. Piece together the small steps and you will go far. Go to the accommodations office and let them help you - that is what they are for.

Let yourself be depressed for a little bit, take a nap or rest and then remember the good in your day - - you can find something no matter how small. Plus, you reach out in this forum - - that is a big accomplishment. You should be happy about making that choice. You are on the right track.

3 Likes

@Nomad

Keep us posted as to your progress at school on this thread.

And if you need any help with any of your assignments or papers, I’d be glad to help you through email…etc.

Thank you very much everyone for the support.
@Patrick if I need any help in Music Appreciation I will let you know! Thanks
My professors have been nice about everything, and tomorrow I’m going into the accommodations office.
Today was a different class than yesterday, today was more of a lecture style class.

1 Like

Sounds good @Nomad

I’m also pretty well-schooled on big breasts and home-made distilleries should these topics arise during your Semester! Just let me know! :wink:

i went for the first time yesterday and i didnt speak a word :smiley:

1 Like

Hey @Nomad, hoping things get better for you sooner rather than later. I think you’re on the right path and I tip my hat to you for it, sir. :thumbsup:

1 Like

If I post a funny meme here will you get offended because I disrespected your serious problem?
:relaxed:
You are way too cool David and things gonna work out for you, I’m 100% sure.