Extreme weather events confirmed as due to Climate Crisis by BBC News UK

I personally believe climate change is based on the earth’s rotation, position etc. The earth doesnt orbit in a perfect, fixed, oval rotation indefinitely.

If you want to get real fancy, I would say that (some) natural disasters are man-made (government triggered)

This is probably going to get flagged lol.

2 Likes

then in the absence of mods,
please lets talk
it is not really a great thing to outlaw this topic

I agree with you, humans do play a role in climate change.

But a very small role.

It’s like a needle in a haystack.

we have not wiggled around on our orbit enough to take account the warming over 150 years and weather events on extreme levels
we would all have been knocked off if it were that sudden

Sure. But a little wiggle here and there would do it.

150 years at a little wiggle per year ?

Fair game for me.

What about the increasing solar storms on our sun ? You forgot about that.

1 Like

I am looking at what science says

please take the time to look at “tipping points”
look up “minimal effects of sun spots”
look up
"The fact that the two vastly different systems, namely the meteorological and “the astronomical, are in good agreement according to the conservation of angular momentum gives us assurance that both these types of measurements must be accurate. It shows, moreover, that changes in climate signals can have global implications on Earth’s overall rotation.” NASA

I’m perfectly cozy and happy here in Caker land.

The only thing I worry about is if a new Ice Age will start anytime soon and where @shutterbug will stash his collection of nuts so I may steal them when he’s not paying attention.

3 Likes

Well good for you

This topic is a startup for how the topic should be open to all

3 Likes

parade it all out
we will always win

You remind me of the JWs I had to shoo off my front doorstep a couple of weekends ago. They wanted to convert me as well.

I once heard that the sun does like 60 times more damage to the ozone layer than us humans do.

I cant quote the source though lol just what i heard

I’m a fan of the Gaia hypothesis. We humans will be long gone and the planet will do what it does regardless of anything we feign to do.

Yes. Deforestation and all that does make a difference but Chaos theory asks what kind of difference? You just can’t plot that because it’s a chaotic system. Still. We have a once in a lifetime weather event every 5 years or so. Something is up and it’s changing but that could be natural for Gaia.

1 Like

I actually dont care - call me selfish, but ill be long dead - laughing at humanity from the stars.

2 Likes

It’s hard for me to say the climate isn’t affected by humanity when we burn 20 million barrels of oil a day in the U.S. alone. Some say fracking will save us from energy dependence on other nations, but what are we going to do for water after we have poisoned the water table?

1 Like

It’s funny because my grandma always says, when bad weather events occur, that they never experienced this stuff years ago. I wonder if the world is just smaller now so even though I live in Minnesota my new neighbors really live in Bakina Faso. So we are now inundated with more information than we know what to do with.

I think the world and it’s inhabitants are always in a state of change and I wonder if worrying about it will honestly add one more iota to our incredibly short life spans.

I think the world will recycle itself for as long as it can and begin anew.

1 Like

projected 3 degrees of warming by 2050

I think i was of this belief in the time around 5 years ago before looking at the facts like the animals on Earth have halved in 40 years

That’s true. The bird population is dying at record rates. Mass extinction happened before and it will happen again.

1 Like