Exercise Should Be Prescribed for Depression

5 Likes

I’ve been saying that for my entire 4 years on this board.

The first step is the hardest one.

5 Likes

I was in my worst suicidal depression back when I was a runner.

I don’t run anymore but I do yoga now and I have no depression.

5 Likes

but excercise helps me …deep breathing excercise works too… been more then month…

2 Likes

Almost without fail my old doctor use to tell me to exercise every time I saw him

2 Likes

i dont exercise but i walk for abt 15 mins

but i dont have depression.

i think i dont have sz either.

the problem with my mental clarity has gone i think

2 Likes

Walking is exercise.

3 Likes

walking is an exercise true

but its not the same as classical exercise

and i thinking it doesnt help ur brain much

1 Like

Yes it does help your brain. And walking is the epitome of classic exercise. It’s one of the best forms of exercise available.

2 Likes

For some of us the aversion to doing exercise/sports is rooted in the bullying and rejection we received in school for our marked lack of sporting ability. The abuse that comes from being made goalie so you let in lots of goal. That being seen by the knuckle dragging louts as justification to bully you forever. Schools need to get serious about curbing it.Then more of us will see exercise and sport as a beneficial and safe activity.

3 Likes

Excercise has made it easier for me to sleep i hate when i cant sleep.

2 Likes

The flip side is true, while the jocks made fun of the nerds for being bad at sports. The nerds made fun of the jocks for being stupid. I’ve seen both sides get upset over both criticisms.

I don’t think getting rid of criticism is realistic, in some cases it is a good thing, if it is constructive criticism, as it can point out your faults and help you improve, rather they should teach people how to deal with criticism and not take it so personally.

Bullying of course should be confronted and dealt with.

1 Like

I totally agree.

:muscle:

Though you have to do it everyday otherwise you won’t reap its full benefits.

1 Like

There’s a marked difference between constructive criticism and being bullied and rejected because you’re crap at sporting activities. It’s the abusive nastiness directed towards those in school that are like I was re sports that I want curbed. Such behaviour should never ever be tolerated. ABUSE IS NOT, AND CAN NEVER BE REGARDED AS, CONSTRUCTIVE AND ACCEPTABLE CRITICISM.

ok as u say

may be u r right.

walking for def is a good exercise

I think it’s important for all mentally ill people. Regular exercise with medications for the win.

2 Likes

@rogueone I was steaming with someone from Australia the other day and they were telling me how they didn’t like Cricket because real sports don’t have a lunch break.

Cricket has a lunch break? Wtf?

2 Likes

haha. It also has drinks breaks every hour and a tea break! Test cricket is played over 5 days at the top level…so three 2 hour sessions of cricket per day. In the heat a drinks break is handy for sure. It really is a fantastic game!

1 Like

I was steaming today. Had some negatives happen in my life recently. Then I decided to work out for 1 hour, and also I took a 30min brisk walk. I feel a lot better. It’s kind of like my troubles evaporate.

I will try not to get sloppy. It was almost 2 weeks since my last work out. If I work out at least twice a week and go for daily walks I rarely get in a bad mood.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.