Exercise in Futility

I feel depressed. It’s as if there’s nothing to look forward to in my life. Just work, TV, work, TV. Everything I try to do to give my life meaning just ends up turning to ■■■■ (tried volunteering at animal shelter, the woman who runs the volunteer program was rude to me and told me not to come back).

Do you ever feel this way? Like there’s no reward to it all?

Im sorry to hear that your volunteering didnt work out. Thats really too bad.

I wonder why I ever liked the Sims game. Go to the bathroom. Shower. Eat. Work. Talk to people. Watch TV. Go to bed. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.

Yeah, I know how you feel. Life gets repetitive and boring.

U r doing really well, it could be a lot worse. I know the feeling: back when i worked and had sz i still felt life wasnt worth living. Now my problems are in a whole other domain

Yup. For at east a few minutes every day. Sometimes longer. Then I wait for those few minutes to pass and I think of how I can help myself, or even someone else if permitted. Then the time passes quickly.

Yesterday it was 107 degrees F outside when a delivery truck pulled up in front of our house.
The driver opened the side door and started sorting the few packages left onto the sidewalk.
I never order anything so I knew nothing was mine, but none the less, I grabbed a cold bottle of water from the fridge and headed outside.
I walked up to him, smiled, and said"You look like you could use a cold drink" and handed it to him.

His eyes lit up and said “You’re the best!” with a huge smile. He tore off the top and drank it up as I went back inside.

…and that my friends,
is how we make this country “Great” again,
not by relying on others, but to help each other out when we can.

0h L00ky, something shiny over there…

2 Likes

Yep we are a lost cause because there is no reward with anhedonia, therefore I decided to help others feel good.

1 Like