Example of disorganized thinking/speech?

This is probably an odd question to ask, but I’m going to go through with it anyway. Can anyone give me an example of disorganized speech and/or thinking? I think that I might have it, but I want to have an example given to me so that I can get a better idea of it.

1 Like

Aimless thinking…!!!

2 Likes
1 Like

I would say that every day with psychosis is considered a cataclysmic event. That’s where the thought disorder comes from. The ■■■■■■■ sky is falling man and you want me to think strait??

4 Likes

Thoughts that don’t make sense

2 Likes

Sometimes I get tripped up and start saying one thing, then a thought pops in my head and I say something else, or my words get jumbled and it comes out a mess. Sometimes I have to repeat a phrase once or twice to get it out right. I think that would be disorganized speech. I have to take extra time sometimes to really think about what I’m going to say to say it correctly.

3 Likes

That happens to me, too. It’s like every thought I’m thinking tries to come out at the same time, like I’m trying to describe the beginning of a sphere. I have to stop and really plan out what I want to say, make it into a story rather than the whole idea at once.

3 Likes

I Have a real hard time Talking My words always get mixed up And I don’t know how to say what I want to say My problem is so bad that when I talk people cant Understand what I’m trying to say and it upsets me I fill so stupid that I cant talk rite

I don’t know necessarily about thinking, but I know I’ve experienced the speaking portion of it. I used to be a very argumentative debating kind of person, but my grasp on what I’m saying and connecting the words to explain a concept can just slip from me and I’ve lost my razor wit. Or at least what I considered being witty. Once they lowered the dose I noticed a marked improvement in my thought clarity, but I still feel like I’m not all there. Its a freaking tragedy.

I used to really be passionate about the pursuit of truth in all its forms and got really interested in the entry grade philosophy stuff, but now I can’t even pretend to know about truth now that I’m in this position.

A schizophrenic will never wholly be able to describe reality reliably :*( I’m no longer the solid link in a chain that controls my emotions and feels the rigidity of having convinced themselves they’ve worked through the logic and feel well settled in their beliefs.

I was in an argument with my neighbor in the summer barefoot on a cement porch, and I lost my temper. I didn’t care about my neighbors opinion or why they were being a jerk, I just told them off, and in a very rude and angry way that put me in the wrong. I just feel like the cement being hot, and my focus being diverted made me mentally weak when I used to be so sharp. I used to just never get rattled, at least in the moment.

:zombie: 151515151515

1 Like

@Ninjastar Zombie thread!

1 Like

Sorry I didn’t realize this post should’ve been removed.