Evolution and schizophrenia

Schizophrenia is a complex psychiatric disorder which persists despite its disadvantagous effects. Here, Niladri Banerjee describes work undertaken by himself and colleagues and published in BMC Evolutionary Biology that investigates whether methylated regions that differ between us, Neanderthals and Denisovans are enriched with single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) known to be associated with the disease.

http://blogs.biomedcentral.com/bmcseriesblog/2018/05/11/evolution-and-schizophrenia/?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=socialnetwork

2 Likes

I read this article, which I liked , so then decided to Google up another using terms from this one you posted.

https://www.nature.com/scitable/topicpage/environmental-influences-on-gene-expression-536

This inturn, seemed to directly address another member user’sproblem of hair loss lately.

@anon54386108

In this article, whose link I am trying to post, it is uner the heading of " sex-influenced and sex-limited traits"

Strange how it goes around like this (coincidience).

I have thought for some years that yes meds help. That I do not doubt

However it seems to mess up peoples hormonal system. No articles on that subject yet. It is males who began to grow breast from using certain phyc meds that got my attention to this.

She seems to feel certain the medicine is causing hair loss, but says she is under stress.

Coin toss. but maybe it will help to make a decision one way or another.

1 Like

@anon12908646 I’m losing my hair too. I don’t know if it’s menopause coming on or med related. But it’s definitely falling out faster than I can grow it. I’m about to get my thyroid checked because someone on this site said sometimes thyroid problems can cause hair loss. I also just started taking a multivitamin for ladies over 50 and I’m hoping that will help.

1 Like

It was probably me that said such about the low thyroid. It is one thing to consider.

I should also say estrogen (birthcontrol) affects thyroid test results. I would talk to someone about that, if you are still using birthcontrol, before testing.

On a side note, it would be important to get both T3 and T4 tested. (because even getting both tested is still only a screening)

Mine is thinning out too, so…if we find any reading material about this and its possible causes, I think it should be shared.

Glad you found it helpful.

1 Like

Oh I did find it helpful, in fact I find a lot of your post’s helpful. So thank you very much @anon12908646

2 Likes

I evolved from an ape

4 Likes

bro im not sure ull get this
im the paranoid guy who thouht hed never escape invega side effects
BRO U WERE RIGHT
only YOU gve me hope and ill be forever grateful to you. THANK YOU HOT SCHTZOFRENIA FORUM GUY
THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3