Emo kids. Remember them?

I went through an emo phase for a couple of years at school haha. Loved the music. Like The Used for example.

3 Likes

I do like the heavy eyeliner on girls. Like how avril lavigne had it. But sheā€™s a skater girl.

Idk Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s emo too

4 Likes

Must have been a thing post generation X. I donā€™t remember this being a thing.

We had guys that wore concert shirts or tees and preppy clothes. I dotted the line and did both.

2 Likes

yeah lol. everyone was scene. ha. never knew exactly what that meant. but they were always at parties.

1 Like

Silly thing for my clique in high school was to wear an unbuttoned Hawaiian shirt over a t-shirt.

I remember a few Elmo kids.

4 Likes
3 Likes

Yep, weā€™re from the same generation @77nick77

There were jocks, pot heads and donā€™t forget about the nerds!

2 Likes

I was a depressed traumatized teen when emo became a thing so pf course i was one lol. I still dress kind of emo, all black and skinny jeans and vans. I also have a mohawk

2 Likes

No clue what this trend was called in other countries, and if you even had them. Loud music, lots of drugs, training suits, bald heads/half-bald for girls, weird dances.

1 Like

I was definitely an emo kid in my teens, haha.

The trend I never got was when everyone were orange from selftanners and their hair was bleached dry and teased to be all puffy.
Looked like barbie dolls dipped in chemicals

2 Likes

I was a teen goth. Heck, Iā€™m still goth. But I wore corsets, high heels, pvc and lace every day. I still love to dress up but band tees and jeans is a valid look and itā€™s ok not to dress up fancy every day

FB_IMG_1621676959648

Iā€™m 17 in this pic. I shaved my eyebrows off for years. Now I pluck them and I donā€™t understand why I shaved them completely off for so longā€¦ drawing on symmetrical eyebrows every day is not easy!

3 Likes

They were called skinheads.
Started out as a punky workers youth movement scene. The style ended up being taken on by neo nazis. Like the movie romper stomper and american history x.

5 Likes

Thanks. Here we differentiate. We call the neo nazis skinheads too.

These guys, we called ā€œgabbersā€. Though they look similar, most were into the music, clothes, drugs. Afaik. But not necessarily the rightwing politics, I think, not sure. My boyfriend at the time knew a few people in that music sceneā€¦they were drug addicted idiots, but not nazis. :neutral_face:

2 Likes

Yeah I was going to say they seem like skinheads on mdma. But wasnā€™t exactly sure what they where.

1 Like

Yeah from what i know, there were different subcultures who took on the style. Some neo nazis, some punks, some whatever else. I think the style was used mainly to shock. It was nothing like anything else at the time. And it could be pretty intimidating to see a bunch of guys and gals that looked like that walking in your direction haha.

2 Likes

I know. I went - I tried everything and anything at that time - to one of these big parties once. Had to wait for my boyfriend at night. On a train station filled with the kind of people above sniffing coke and all. It was slightly intimidating as a fragile 55kg young girl. I met the people he knew, who were drug addicted idiots, but friendly to me. I did not feel the necessity to do that every weekend.

1 Like

I used to straighten my hair so I would fit in with the emo people when I was like 13.

1 Like

Big trucks is a trend I wouldnā€™t mind going away. The manosphere is an internet thing I thatā€™s pretty dumb. The haircuts shaved on the side but stuff left on top I think has past. I remember in junior high at the end of the nineties everyone had short hair with gel used to get the front to stick up like a small duckbill.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.