Dr.Ray Peat's suggestion for schizophrenia

I just read through it. Pretty sensationalist.
If it worked for the guy that’s great.

But honestly I remember 4 years ago trying amino acid supplements and it was making my psychosis worse. I was convinced phenylalanine in the broad spectrum supplement was doing it but I have no idea.

I’ve tried probly 30 different supplements.

For me one thing that helpedwas changing how I perceived the world and acceptance.

2 Likes

I recommend you be very skeptical of anyone who says they’ve “cured” schizophrenia or bipolar… lots of people say this all the time and they always turn out to be scams with no significant medical research to back up their claims.

We get people here all the time who say they are “cured” - but to everyone here, they sound very delusional but the people who are delusional think they are cured.

The Internet is full of anything you want to find - it doesn’t mean its true.

2 Likes

There is some evidence that certain amino acids and vitamins can help in some ways with the symptoms of schizophrenia - nobody would ever say that there is any significant evidence that they can “cure” schizophrenia.

Here is the research:

We do have new sections covering many of the more researched nutritional supplements that seem to help with schizophrenia. See the links below:

Sarcosine

D-Serine

N-Acetyl cysteine (NAC)

Melatonin

B-Vitamins

and