Don’t want to lose my job, I was doing so well

I’ve been having some unexpected and REALLY bad sleeping issues lately where I can’t fall asleep till around 3am and I have to be up for work at 7am. I haven’t been able to function at work and today I actually got sent home after just two hours because I was walking around like a zombie. I’ve been sent home twice now in the past two weeks. I can’t get fired. I LOVE my job and the people I work for it’s such a low stress atmosphere and I don’t know if I could find that elsewhere. What do I do?! I purchased some melatonin, Unisom and Zzzquil to take in conjunction with the 50mg of seroquel I already take. Can’t get in to see my pdoc till beginning of September and I truly feel like if things keep going this way I might lose my job before then. I’m supposed to work tomorrow and I’m already stressed about not sleeping tonight which I know doesn’t help. I don’t know where this insomnia came from it came out of nowhere. I was doing so well!!

3 Likes

I feel like you need to talk to your doctor about a prescription sleep aid,

Tell them your job depends on you getting enough sleep and nothing is working.

1 Like

Problem is I don’t see her for three weeks

Call.

Yeah call. I think this qualifies as urgent, or maybe even an emergency.

I’m lucky at my job, I can walk around like a zombie, or like I’m drunk or like I’m 17 years old. No one cares, lol.

Would it be cool to talk to your boss and explain the situation about how you’re having trouble sleeping? And tell him that you’re trying to fix the problem and that’s why you have been acting the way you’ve been acting?

Are you drinking caffeine?

Try doing searches online for “sleep hygiene”. You might be able to find some really good tips on sleeping. You may have picked up some bad habits that are affecting your sleep and you don’t even know it.

1 Like

I take Lunesta. I recommend that or Ambien but you need a prescription.

If you don’t take it often Benedryl will work until you can get in to see your doctor. But I take 50 mg a day for tremors. It doesn’t make me tired anymore but I have relied on Lunesta for years.

It will put me to sleep suicidal. Good stuff. It doesn’t work for everyone though.

1 Like

I would warn your boss too, just incase something unexpected happens because of it.

Have you tried melatonin?

I can’t sleep without the stuff. I take 3mg @ nite

Well the worst happened. I literally walked into work today and my boss let me go. Absolutely ridiculous. Didn’t even give me a chance to explain. On the bright side I applied to a new job, interviewed today and got hired on the spot!

3 Likes

One door closes another opens. Sounds like you need to sort out that sleep post haste. Good luck with your new job and good luck with the insomnia.

Congratulations on the new job! I hope you like it as much.

1 Like

Thanks, we shall see. It’s a front office position this time instead of hands on back office assisting so I don’t know how that will go and how I will like it.

1 Like

If you’ve had the sleep trouble before, it could be apnea. See your physician and ask for a sleep study. I know anytime I have prolonged insomnia, it’s apnea.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.