Does this happen to anyone else?

I don’t tolerate any antipsychotics. It is no longer ‘‘sedation’’ that I have but directly suicidal thoughts. The depression and sedation are so strong that I get to this point.
I asked the AI ​​to tell me what complement psychiatrists recommend in these cases and he told me ‘’ modafinil ‘’. Does anyone take Modafinil?
I’ll ask my psychiatrist, if it’s because of him, nothing will change, and I’m desperate.

Yeah I don’t take sedating meds, I told my doctor no because my dad had schizophrenia and took heavy meds and he crashed the car into a McDonald’s. Modafinil is taken as an adjunct to wake people up who have sedation. I don’t like taking pills for pills but if you play this game long enough with a psychiatrist or doctor they get you to play this game. I try to take supplements before I take prescription meds because of the side effects.

1 Like

I am also on caffeine supplements. Stimulants. But I don’t feel that they are enough to overcome the sedation produced by antipsychotics.

1 Like

I don’t know what to tell you.

But normally if a few different antipsychotics don’t work out then a psychiatrist will consider clozapine.

Also clozapine has anti-suicidal properties which you’re welcome to Google.

2 Likes

I will find out about clozapine, thanks

1 Like

ive noticed as i got older antipsychotics wind me up. theyre mostly like stimulants to me except for seroquel. but i used to take modafinil in my 20s for a bit but i cant remember what it was like. now when im off medicine im basically a zombie with bad negs and the meds fix that surprisingly. i dont think modafinil made things worse for me tho.

1 Like

I’m on the highest dose of Invega and I find caffeine pills to help with the sedation.

1 Like

what med are u taking?

1 Like

its similar to seroquel for sedation. if i didnt wanna be sedated and gain a lot of weight it would be the last thing i would try. there are other meds that arent sedative.

1 Like

I am taking 3 mg of vraylar. The strange thing about my case is that I can go without the antipsychotic for about 11 or 12 months. After that time I usually have a psychotic break. What I don’t understand is if this is also considered schizophrenia. Maybe the dose should be lower, but the psychiatrist tells me that if I take 1.5 mg I will have another psychotic break.

1 Like

I know folks here take clozapine. I couldn’t take passing out everyday. But it works for some folks. I haven’t heard much about modanifil for a while.

1 Like

Modafinil gave me a really bad psychotic break after two years of using it alongside APs.

1 Like