Does Olanzapine cause depression?

Does Olanzapine cause depression?

I read few reviews how bad damage olanzapine high dose long term use causes…

I read that olanzapine causes depression and permanent brain damage.

I’m so depressed and I found out why.

1 Like

Serious memory problems, serious depression = large doses of olanzapine + long duration

I have got this worst case scenario. Too bad I turned out to be a vicitm.

Why does the pdoc doesn’t know?

Why didn’t he prescribe Abilify ?

Why did I start using it on my own ?

Now on Abilify, on my own.

1 Like

maybe is;nt zyprexa…but the negative symptoms can amp depression…
i so take 10mg venalafaxine to counter anxiety and depresiion…
zolpidem make me sleep all day long …got to this under doc concise…
hey bade bhai bhihan sabere me 1hour run karo it will help in long and short meomory…!!!
GGGGGGGGGGGGood night…!!!

1 Like

Thanks for the tip.

It doesn’t do that crap. I don’t get what scientific study u got that from

1 Like

I’ve found that it doesn’t matter what anti P i’m on it still causes depression. I take Brintellix (Vortioxetine) and that helps.

1 Like

Antipsychotics can do more good than bad, especially for psychosis.
Zyprexa is usually very helpful for depression but it has the potential to cause depression as well.

For me personally, many antipsychotics make my anxiety worse and sometimes makes me either more paranoid or destabilizes my moods.

This is not always the case, it depends on the dose as well.

3 Likes

It caused dysphoria and mild depression in me. I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone.

2 Likes

Olanzapine is the best drug for schizophrenia. But people use the drug for long period of time, it may lower your B12 level in your blood. You need ask your pdoc to do the blood test on you.
Usually, 1000 mcg B12 per day will help you. Check your pdoc 1st.

2 Likes

Olanzapine made me mildly depressed. The world was joyless and grey while I was on it. Also I craved sugar and gained weight. It was effective at controlling my symptoms, though. Could be your pdoc’s first priority was controlling your sz symptoms when he put you on it. If you symptoms are under control you probably don’t need olanzapine.

2 Likes

I found olanzapine in low doses helps depression, but when I took it in higher doses without my main med (amisulpride) it caused depression. So I take amisulpride as my main med with a low dose of olanzapine and together they have helped me a lot.

2 Likes