Does it help to know the reality?

I mean once a sufferer realizes how wrong it was his/her delusion and/or how untrue it was his/her hallucination as compared to reality, would it help him/her out?

2 Likes

Yes for me it has been helpful, if you are prepared to handle the truth. At the end of a couple breaks I was able to do some extreme reality checking to say one way or another if my delusions were real (as best I could). Once I got past that point the delusions dissipated or went away completely. It also motivated me to be more medication compliant.

1 Like

Yes, I am prepared. Maybe even more to that, I will be able to help others with their reality check.

Thank you for your feedback.

2 Likes

Without insight, one cannot really get better.
I started the healing process, after I gained insight - soon followed by acceptance

2 Likes

You are probably right. As for now, I am few more steps close to that – insight.

It is amazing that many of you are doing far better than I thought.

2 Likes

Thank you @SnowyOwl1 for so many Likes given to me.

1 Like

My definition for Insights.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Yes, I said that. It shows that I must be careful when composing messages on a public forum like this. No one knows if it has good or bad effects on others.
Thank you for remembering it. :smile:

If I have insight, then it is other story. The second most scary part is self-deceiving. It is probably okay to be yourself without knowing the reality as someone will be right there to tell you the truth. What if I go and lie to myself today ‘I started feeling great today, perhaps I am recovering…I gained insight the other day…’, and I realize just now this is far worse than not knowing how sick I am.

1 Like

You were way faster than me… I often need overnight to change the mind and go back to normal.
I think this is delusion. Not an ordinary delusion.

1 Like

1 Like

Yes, what you said are practical. Cognition abilities or living skills.

Not just this part (delusion), I actually have other part (auditory hallucination) which further confuse my thinking. I will make time for not dwelling on my thoughts alone.

Thank you so much, SnowyOwl1.

1 Like

Take care of yourself. I will see what I can post further on the forum. Perhaps this time about the voices…??? :smiling_imp:

I am an inactive member of Jehovah’s Witness. What about you?

Yes, you are right.

This is the biggest mistake I have done to myself, the reprogramming and ‘reengineering’ of my mind…it took me 7 years but see for now, none of them do me any good…

1 Like