Does drinking alcohol whilst on antipsyhotic make your positive symptoms worse?

Thanks for all your responses I really appreciate it. I still kind of feel like drinking wat the heck is wrong with me.

Part of my mind tells me I will be invinsible. To the effect of alcohol and symptoms lolā€¦ :frowning:

Oh godsss. Help meā€¦

No it didnā€™t make me deluded or hallucinate. Just feel better from the PTSD. The antipsychotic works in my case.

1 Like

Thatā€™s awesome to hear that it didnā€™t make you deluded and hallucinationsā€¦

1 Like

I donā€™t drink much anymoreā€¦ but a glass or two doesnā€™t affect me. And I donā€™t drink oftenā€¦ every now and then

1 Like

When I drink on antipsychotics it didnā€™t affect me badly or make my meds not work I just quit drinking because I donā€™t feel the effects of alcohol anymore its like drinking water

1 Like

I find it can temporarily reduce the voices. Donā€™t recommend doing what I used to do and drink a 15 pack of beer throughout the course of a day.

Not sure if Zyprexa reduces the effects of alcohol but it would make sense thatā€™s why I never felt tipsy or worse if I had built up a crazy tolerance.

Guess once you have to go through the humiliation of ending up in the ER for alcohol withdrawal then maybe you need to rethink things.

1 Like

It could kill you. You should never mix them.

I think original poster has found their answer. As always peeps itā€™s something to discuss with your doctor and for me personally I do like beer but itā€™s such empty calories. Just makes it hard to get ahead having some beers regularly.

Remember many folks struggle with alcohol in our community and itā€™s not something that should be encouraged for their sake.

3 Likes