Does anyone use Mastodon

What’s your experience. I am done with Twitter. I had mastodon since 2017 but have not used it much yet.

What is Mastodon?

Its similar to Twitter but apparently better than Twitter cos you can choose to join your choice of server but still interact with other servers… its complicated even I don’t understand a lot.

1 Like
6 Likes

I signed up quite recently .Didn’t find it as easy to use as Twitter, or as active. Forgot password . I followed the steps needed to create a new one, but never received the email that was needed. I had made less than 5 comments. I guess I must’ve been banned , although I’d done nothing to warrant that.

1 Like

This band was my first thought when I read the title of this thread

3 Likes

In not familiar with the platform, but the band mastodon is great :grinning:

2 Likes

I’m there and enjoying it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I want to spend less time online.
It puts unnecessary strain on my eyes and I need my eyes to function well in order to fulfill my professional duties.

Never used twitter anyway. The character limit goes against my principles. I am all for brevity and conciseness, but sometimes excessively pruning a text makes it impossible to convey complex ideas or opinions. The world isn’t black and white, for and against.

What do you people post on twitter / mastodon?
And how do others generally respond?

3 Likes

I used twitter to win competitions. I won a coupe of tickets to shows. mastodon is very different though, difficult to find such things.

Do not post anything about political things, please. This includes not making insults toward those we do not agree with.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.