Does anyone take resperidone and abilify

I see my pdoc tommorow and we are going to talk about either add or switch to abilify. Is there any positive and negative to abilify

1 Like

Abilify for me causes erection problems, which ironically, I do not experience on a low dose of risperdal (2mg)

I recently switched off of Abilify to go back on risperdal. Thankfully my pdoc allowed it, as I was receiving abilify in injection form and now taking risperdal in pill form like i used to.

I like abilify better, not as sleepy on it and I have a little more motivation

My erections are just fine on abilify it’s the only meds if tried worked since the start

Your reaction to the medication is going to be unique to you, there are definitely similar symptoms and stuff, but your reaction to the meds is going to be totally up to fate. Don’t sweat it, just try it, have an open mind and if you have a bad time on it, get your doc to transition you onto a new one or back onto one you have experience with.

2 Likes

Like @Ryanana said your abilify reactions will be unique. Mine is lowered motivation, irritability anxiety nervousness energy,
Lowered Concentration…
I have never tried another ap so I cannot compare.
My voices and delusions are not present atm.

I started crying on both abilify 10mg and risperidone 0.5mg. Abilify was so activating, it caused decreased sleep.

Thank you for your posts. This gives me some questions to ask my pdoc

I do both of them, I take 10 mg of abilify, 50 mg of clozapine and 1 mg of risperidone before bed.
I started risperidone to end tardive dyskinesia

1 Like

Abilify made me feel awful, my voices were so loud, and I was trying to get by in 11th grade while on it. I did not like any aspect of it. It made me isolate because I couldn’t relate to anyone any longer, and when I would sit at home, the people I wanted to talk to were talking to me in my head. That medicine made me feel very lonely and it did not agree with me at all. All the stories I hear on here though, is that abilify helped them. I’m one of those cases where it did not on bit. Risperidone was very helpful.